Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

freddies being castrated...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by channyy1x, Jun 21, 2010.

1. channyy1x

channyy1x PetForums Junior

Freddie will be getting castrated in a few weeks times & Im worrying myself to death. Iv heard that anasthetic can be potentially dangerous to small animals, and while I know a chihuahua is not as small as a rabbit or something, Im still panicking that he wont wake up =( also does he have to stay at the vets overnight?Id be a mess if he did because I know how much he hates the vets and could imagine him being there really upset

2. Maz&Oozy

Maz&Oozy PetForums Member

my lad was done a few weeks ago and tho not as small as your he is a small breed, he was fine sailed thru it, he went in the morning about 9am (no food/drink after 10pm night before) and I picked him up bout 4.30pm, he was dopey but demanded food, I gave him scrambled egg... he slept all night and the next day it was like he had never been done, we had a hard time trying to keep him calm, I didnt use the collar at all and was recommended to use a babies popper vest which worked really well for night time and if I had to pop out, just put it on other way and popper round tail, great :) had a checkup after 3 days they said he was doing great and after 10 days stitches out.

Im sure you little one will be fine :thumbup:

3. channyy1x

channyy1x PetForums Junior

Yes I think I will have a problem keeping him calm too lol.when he was little he got ran over and had to have his back legs pinned and plated, which meant lots of bed rest but he was having none of it bless him. Im just extra worried as he was born with one testicle inside of his body, so Im guessing they will have to open him up to sort this, and thats what really scares me.hes my little boy & I couldnt imagine anything bad happening to him

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice