Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Frank the pug

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Dylan Mumbach, Sep 16, 2020 at 8:27 AM.

1. Dylan Mumbach

Dylan Mumbach PetForums Newbie

Hello, I’m new on this and this is my first pet forum to be apart of. I have a pug named Frank and obviously, he has lots of problems we’ve been dealing with. He’s 7 years old, about 20 pounds and generally healthy most of the time (for a pug). Recently during an evacuation I notice him peeing blood. We took a trip to the vet where he had to have emergency surgery because of kidney stones (struvite stones). Apparently he had a small bladder infection and they cleaned that out, as well as a neutering. It’s been a long two weeks and that was so much for him to go through but he’s actually recovering extremely well. The only thing is he doesn’t seem to have control of his bowels. He’ll be asleep and then wake up with a dry cough while lying down (nothing crazy abnormal) but then he’ll just start peeing on himself. It’s happened 4 times in the last two weeks since surgery but only within the past week and I don’t know whether to be worried or if it’s something that happens in the healing process. I plan on a vet visit soon if it continues but was wondering if any other pug owner has had the same experience. Thank you all so much in advance.

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I'm sorry that no one has helped you.

I'd be concerned that the infection had reappeared. I'd get back to the vet ASAP

3. Dylan Mumbach

Dylan Mumbach PetForums Newbie

Thank you. I made an appointment today but they can’t see me for a week

4. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Will they test a urine sample if you take it in? I can't believe after all he's been through, they won't see him for a week, I'd be horrified at that. Maybe try a different vet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice