Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

France's burqa ban come into force on Monday!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DoubleTrouble, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Wonder if we will ever follow suit?

2. holly1

holly1 PetForums VIP

This will be an interesting post;)

3. It could well be! think the topic has been discussed to death in the past.
    But my views will not change - I don't think it should be allowed in public places.

4. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

It should have been stopped when we were stopped going into many public places with motorbike helmets or balaclavas on.

5. holly1

holly1 PetForums VIP

Totally agree with you. Its ridiculous.

6. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

What is ridiculous :confused:

I agree that in certain places where securtiy is an issue then it may not be appropriate, also in teaching I can understand that wearing a burkha is restrictive for students in communicating with a teacher. I can also understand that in other professions H&S may be an issue but if a woman wants to wear one out in an ordinary public place why shouldn't she?

I find it strange that people complain about a nanny state then are ok when there is a law telling women what they can't wear

7. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Head covering...yes.

Hiding the face...absolutely not.

It is not a religious requirement...it's just tradition. And a daft one at that.

8. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I misread this and thought it said Burger ban :/

suzy93074 likes this.
  9. haeveymolly

Ha Ha what and you began to panic?:D:D:D:D:D:D

10. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

do we really want to be doing what the french are doing?

11. Then lets be on a level footing then! Think security! you go into a bank with a motorcycle helmet on - and you are asked to remove it! And when the parents an 5 year old child are told to remove a balaclava in a shopping centre the there is summat seriously wrong somewhere! If we are going to ban facial coverings then lets ban them all!
    And I for one DO feel uncomfotablre talking to a pair of eyes!

Edited to add! the only place for the burka imo is the privacy of ones home!
    DT

12. holly1

holly1 PetForums VIP

If you have nothing to hide,why cover your face?

British people cant have glasses on,or have our hair down on UK passport pics, they didnt accept my daughters pic as she had earrings in the photos.
    But if you have religious head wear on its ok:confused:

13. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Serves em right for trying to get christmas banned!

(joke) (ish)

14. And before anyone says it is a part of their religion - it isn't they wear the burqa by choice- their relegion states that they must cover their hair and their body.

15. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

It's not about having anything to hide.

If you read my post I did say that in some situations I would see that a burkha would be inappropriate & yes, I would agree that passport photo it's quite important one :D

As for other situations why not? If we are going to ban things that make us uncomfortable then we could have long list of items.

16. haeveymolly

Its worn for different reasons in different places, neither nessesary here for example in Afganistan they are used as a safety garment it conceals age and appearance as they are often sold to the teliban. In some countries its at the request of Allah. :rolleyes: but this is how contradictory some of these people are they want to be treat as equals, some claim that they have been born here so are in fact british citizens so should recieve everything the counrty has to offer, money, housing ect, but when it suits they are something, someone very different.

17. If I went out in a white burka I would be accused of being a part of the KKK and there would be a public uproar! I dont think I am the only person who feels uncomfortable surrounded by a group of woman dressed up as batman!

And I had spent a fair bit of time in India - and done business with families there! I have NEVER had to converse with a woman with total face coverings (and there have been woman present) Heads covered! yes but no burkas!
    And I find that very very strange that the burka does not seem to be so important in India - yet here in the UK anyone think of suggesting it be banned and there is a public uproar!

18. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

I hope they do bloody ban it there is nothing more un-nerving then seeing a 'person' covered from head to foot i say person who knows if its a man or woman under one of those things.

19. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I saw very few burkas in India but then again India is a mainly Hindu country anyway.

I don't know what the big deal is about burkas, I don't particularly like them but I don't belive in a law telling women what they can't wear - that's ridiculous

20. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

lmfao!!!!!!!!!:d

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice