Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Foxes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MCWillow, Feb 4, 2012.

1. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

For the last 15 mins me and OH have been watching them out of the window.

I first saw one trot up the towpath past the front door so we turned the light off in the living room to watch it.

It went past the end of our boat then walked across the canal (me hoping the ice was thick enough!) and met up with another one the other side.

They then 'danced' down the path before going over the bank. (looked more like a Waltz than a Foxtrot :D )

The sky is a dark peach colour, and to see the silhouettes of them dancing against the snow covered bushes, with the trees above them was just breathtaking :crying: :D

2. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I love them, see quite a few here too:D

Wish they would clean up after themselves tho, Woody is constantly covered in their poo:rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

That sounds lovely!...I would love to see that, its amazing watching wildlife that doesn't know its being watched :p

I see a lot of deer where I live, especially very early in the morning....I look out the window and see them running across the garden, they're so beautiful.

4. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I just love watching foxes.We have a family every year in the garden and they have become fairly "relaxed" when they see us,which is a worry, as I'm well aware that not everyone see's them the same way :(

5. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Magical.........:) :)
    Pity you didn't get pictures to share the moment with us ;)

6. malibu

malibu Guest

Foxes are gorgeous animals, bet it was amazing to watch x

7. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

I did try..... on the camera screen it looks completely black but will check if any came out, but I doubt it!!

8. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

You are soooo lucky to be living on a Canal Boat, that is something I would love to do. I bet you see alot of wildlife walking about around you.x

9. WispaLoudly

WispaLoudly PetForums Member

Sounds absolutley beautiful. :)

We have a couple of fox families here. One of the ones I've seen around the longest we've nicknamed 'limpy'. I remember watching him as a cub five years ago playing with a littermate, then one turned up dead and from then on limpy didn't use his right hind leg. :( We think it was a car accident but I don't trust some of the teens in this area... Many people tried to catch him for the RCPCA but no success, they don't think its worth it now as its healed. Still, must aches quite a lot in this cold weather!

10. ginge2804

ginge2804 PetForums VIP

I love foxes! There beautiful :)
    We have foxes at the bottom of the garden, but iv started taking molly round the block for a wee when its dark now, as im scared they will hurt her...

11. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I have 2 toy poodles and for the very 1st time,and on my birthday we had a fox on the roof of the shed.The dogs went out and the fox ran away.Foxes are not as bad as some people think. My friend has foxes come into her garden every day,she feeds them.She has 2 cats,one is 22 this year and never has she had a problem with the foxes.:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice