Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fox hunting ban relaxed!!

Discussion in 'Pet News' started by jaycee05, Oct 14, 2013.

1. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

This Government seem to be obsessed with killing wildlife, the hunting with dogs ban has been "relaxed",which means farmers can flush out foxes with dogs then shoot them, that is unless the dogs het the fox first I guess
    Evil b------s Cameron!!

2. Cheryl89

Jesus, this makes me seriously cringe.

I have a real soft spot for foxes, I know most people think they are vermin but they are just so beautiful. I wouldn't stroke one but I would do my very best to make sure they are protected.

It's a sad fact our government don't give a damn about wildlife or protecting them either. :frown5:

#2 Cheryl89, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  3. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

well, we have governments to make laws cos people lobby and protest.and then when they feel like it, govt relax it....so, we don't really need a government then, do we? cos money talks.

Its been farcical anyway the anti hunting and the hunters said right at the start it was only temporary.

makes me sick.

4. lilythepink

Love this word."relaxed"

Can I relax my TV licence or road tax for my car..or even income tax? Whats good for the goose.............

and farmers can flush foxes out with dogs and then shoot them.what a joke!!

small farmers are on the decline in the UK.....so just how many people will get the relaxed law then?

Carte blanche for the bloodthirsty to more openly go about their "sport".

and we are supposed to be civilised.

going backwards.

5. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Has anyone got any links to this? I'm beyond incandescent if it's true:mad5:

Please can everyone make sure they 'relax' on voting these morally bankrupt people in for another term ;)

6. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

They are gorgeous and part of our countryside: however, at my last yard, there was one that kept coming into the stables and trying to get the miniature lambs in spring. Should the farmer have jsut left it to carry on terrorising the newborns and causing miscarriages of the still pregnant ewes?

7. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

I can understand perhaps shooting a fox if it has been killing livestock - but I mean a single shot to the head, no dogs involved and the fox won't have felt a thing.
    But chasing after a fox with a pack of dogs for the fun of it is just plain wrong!
    I also don't agree with a farmer killing a fox if it hasn't actually done anything. Some may say they won't take the risk, but the fox may have never gone near there.

8. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

#8 RockRomantic, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  9. bordie

bordie PetForums VIP

:biggrin::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

10. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh Bordie, you bad boy :hand:
    [​IMG]

11. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

This Government are beyond contempt! They know theres a good chance of losing a free vote so theyre going to repeal it by the back door by playing the 'poor farmer' card because they know the 'rabid hunter card wont get any sympathy!:mad:

Its well proved fox hunting plays no part in fox control! 'Fox control' is just more pro hunt lies to make it appear justifiable.

When they've wiped out the badger population, fox numbers will increase. I predict they will then use this as an excuse to relax the hunting ban everywhere.;) :mad:

12. lilythepink

Then that was a problem one.no probs with it being shot at all but flushing out with dogs means going anywhere where there are foxes , taking dogs and...........oops, dogs ripped it up didn't get a chance to shoot it.never mind...lets go find another one.

I am sure the problem one on your yard was seen off one way or another anyway.

Its heartbreaking seeing part grown lambs having their backsides ripped off and they are still alive...just....or being completely taken.

It would be interesting doing a national survey and asking just how much of a problem foxes are.

We have had lambs killed.we had too many foxes so some were shot......that was about 20 years ago, never had to do it since.

Had poultry taken...only at night time and only on the days I was late getting home and so not shutting them up before dark.

13. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

I heard it on the news this morning, but I am sure one of the national papers will have it
    Also farmers been illegally gassing badgers for years with exhaust fumes, sorry don't have a link to that either, but that was on a link on facebook, from a newspaper

14. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

something i honestly don't wish to look up :( :( :(

15. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I think farmers should invest in using livestock guarding breeds, or llamas. I believe this has been successful in the States, which have bigger predators than we do, so no reason why it couldn't work here. But then, that would mean there'd be no excuse to reintroduce this 'sport', & the Tories need the votes of people who get their rocks off (or make money out of) killing things, cos I doubt anyone else will vote for them.

16. lilythepink

I think llamas are an excellent idea and know of 1 farmer who tried this. Llama was so protective of the sheep, he attacked dogs, bt men, ramblers.in fact, if it moved near "his" sheep, he ran after it.

It became known as the burglar a llama.

17. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

We walked past a field full today, lovely animals in a rainbow of different colours, if I had enough land I'd just have to have some :D

18. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

It is so wrong.

#stopthecull #badgermonday. they are trending on twitter. People are furious

19. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

14 farmers openly admitted it to Sky news, so highly likely just the tip of the iceberg! According to Dom Dyer police are investigating now > http://brianmay.com/downloads/BBC_3counties_radio_dominic_dyer_with_ian_lee_10102013.mp3

and if farmers have a rogue fox as if theyre going to wait for the hunt to come along! 'pest control' my ass!

and they're getting more furious by the day! I imagine you've already heard the cull in glos has failed. To kill the badgers its cost £2200 per animal:rolleyes:.. & they want to break all their own criteria and extend the cull for 8 more weeks! unbelievable

Theres another march for the badgers in Derby on the 26th Tina, we're going. Dominic Dyer is speaking again, hes been fantastic throughout this fiasco hasn't he:)

March Against The Badger Cull | Mid Derbyshire Badger Group

20. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

I will be there.
    I was at a council meeting last night where they were voting whether to vaccinate in cheshire. The chamber was filled and I had to watch on the tv in the foyer. I took my dogs and they behaved impeccably. We have to wait now and see what happens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice