Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Foundations are in whoohoo

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by archiebaby, Apr 13, 2011.

1. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

We are building a new house and the foundations are in today:D cant wait to see it progress now and i am making a good job of site foreman:eek: but i think oh is getting a bit fed up of me asking all the questions as he keeps sending me to make tea:eek:

2. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Oh WOW! How did it come about that you're building one?

Em
    xx

3. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

we have done it a few times now but always very exciting when it first starts:) i am slowly getting used to reading plans etc;) it will be lovely when finished and i am hoping this time will be the last and we actually end up staying here:D but i doubt it:rolleyes: we have rented out our other house and living on site in mobiles:D my mum came up the other day and asked where the club house was and what was the evening entertainment:eek: i will post pics once it really gets going;)

4. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:lol: :lol:

That sounds so exciting! I don't think I'd have the patience though - I'd want it done over the weekend :lol:

Em
    xx

5. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Oooh lovely, piccies please as it progresses. I come from a building background and I am obsessed with houses and love nothing more than a good nosey at someone elses house. Think I should have been an Estate Agent :D

6. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

that is one thing you definately need.....patience
    mind you our builders need patience with me as well because i keep changing my mind when walls are put up and i decide i dont want a wall there after all:D

7. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

lol certainly will, when it gets to the exciting stage;)

8. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

Hubby and I ahve both said we would love to build a house however we both have very different tastes he is all modern and straight lines and 90 degree angles and i'm all old with crocked lines like the Oak beams etc

We'd have a mismash house! lol his side and my side Lol

hope it all goes well xx

9. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, I read the title and thought "Where the hell is Whoohoo" lol, is it timber framed?, I'm with your husband on this one as I like all straight lines and sharp angles, much cleaner lines altogether!, I hope the build goes quickly. wayne.

10. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

a friend of mine is building a beautiful house but like you she likes all old beams and her husband very modern, the house is truly amazing, like a massive modern barn with beautiful oak beams and walls of glass ( i am having the glass walls but i dont really like beams on the ceilings:( ) but her house is lovely:)

11. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

lol about the title:D no it isnt timber framed. me and my husband agree on pretty much everything until i see certain walls in places that i then want removed and have even got builders to remove the wall and then put back up because i changed my mind:eek: he politely asked my oh to keep me away until he had gone:eek:

12. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Gawd help ya! if our foundations are anything to go by.

I hope you dont get rain:eek: and stock up on the tea cos they drink for England:D

Good luck and need pics plz:D

13. Can I have your old one please?:D
    DT

14. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

no, our foundations are fine:D we use the same builders and my oh is really involved as well. the rain has held off ( thank god, it did look a bit dodgy earlier on) and yes, tell me about the tea:rolleyes:

15. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

DT as much as i like you i really dont think my quiet little village could take you living there, kent is just not ready for a DT yet, sorry:p

16. I kent anywhere near Essex?

17. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

why, you aint moving to essex are ya:eek: looks like i could be moving on before the house is even bl***dy built :nono::nono:

18. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

oooo good luck and lot's of progress pic's so we can all get green with jealousy >>>>:D

19. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

will do:) although you definately wouldnt be jealous of my current mobile home :eek:

20. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

you need to do a grand design and get Kevin McCloud to come round and film it!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice