Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

found wild cat in Turkey

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Turkey09, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Turkey09

Turkey09 PetForums Newbie

I was on holiday to an island called marmara in Turkey , i went to the lovely beach there where not a lot of people go to , when i dived in i saw something sitting on a rock at first i thought it was a rabbit but when i got closer i noticed it was a kitten it had lots of different colours on it, brown red maroon and black when i went closer to it the kitten just looked at me then started meowing, then when i got a couple of feet near it ,it ran up the rocks and straight up the mountain.A couple of days later i came back to the same place and to my shock it was still there and the same thing happend it started to meow like crazy but not in a angry way but in a scared way . then it ran straight up the mountain. does anyone know what the hell was a kitten doing in the middle of nowere? it was so cute it had huge blue eyes !! it looked in great! it was fat the fur was clean and no puss or anything round its eyes !
    :eek:

2. Cyberfyn

Cyberfyn PetForums VIP

There are large feral cat populations all over the med and canaries. I think we've all seen them slinking around the bars and tables at night begging for food :(

I always go for a morning run on the beach when on hols and I've also seen many locals feeding them early in the morning too.

The kittens usually look good as mum is looking after them, but as they get older they look quite bad. The males from fighting and the girls from constant breeding.

Ian.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice