Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Found kitten in the middle of a road

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

On my way to work this afternoon , i saw a tiny kitten running in and out of traffic on a busy street. No one was slowing down or stopping. I was able to pick it up and i brought it home because i was afriad it would get hit.

My mom best guess is that it looks 6 to 8 weeks old and is a girl. Also its a silver tabby :confused: I can post a pic tommarow for help with that.

Im gonna put a few posters up but im afraid someone will want it that isnt its owner.

she has a pufffy tummy and is very very vocal.

I would love to keep her :001_wub: but im afriad my bf would dump me :prrr:

2. Miss.PuddyCat

All three of my other cats now i hate me :sad:

my cat decker who sleeps with me cant tonight as the only safe place for the kittin is in my room. where decker sleeps all the time every night. Now she wont even let me pick her up.

And i cant leave the kitten alone for long as it keeps crying everytime i leave

i need help ive never had a kitten :confused:

#2 Miss.PuddyCat, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  3. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

Well done for rescuing the kitten :)

She's probably missing mum if she's that young.

She will settle down but if you can't keep her it's probably best to contact a rescue centre.

Your other cats will soon get over it :D I'd keep her away from them though in case she has anything. Sounds as though she may need worming.

4. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Aww poor little thing...she must of been so scared being through the traffic..

5. Miss.PuddyCat

6. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

If you do put up posters only give a little information. Fort example put FOUND KITTEN but don't say what colour sex etc, then who ever phones has to give you a discription.

At least that way you can filter out people who just want a free kitten.

Well done for rescuing her!

7. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

She is adorable, wish I was allowed another kitty but I hope she has a loving owner searching for her and you manage to find them.

8. Amzy

Amzy PetForums Junior

I would contact your local cats protection!

I work for CP in my area and they will be able to maybe put something on the webiste and if anyone calls to say they have lost a kitten they will know about you and if you cant keep her they can re-home her!

xx

9. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

She's lovely, keep her and get a new bf :D

Just make sure to give her kitten food dry and\or wet, see what she prefers.

10. Miss.PuddyCat

I have phoned all the places i can think of but no one has phoned for a kitten :(

I'm going to keep her with me for now until we find her owner or find a home in the end. But i cant keep my cats seperated for her all the time so i was wondering if there is anything i can give her to get rid of possible worms :confused:

11. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

you can worm her with wormer available from pets at home. Shirleys wormer for puppies and kittens. I would let your cats meet her after shes been wormed and is clear and also flea her to protect your own animals. Your cats wont like her at 1st and will Hiss and may act distant but this wont last long with her being so young they will know that she isnt a threat to them at all and will soon put her in her place.

Welldone for rescuing her though that was really nice of you. as for posters i wouldnt put any up other then female kitten found and give a location and contact number, then you can talk to people and ask questions ie what colour is she, does she have any un-usual markings? and see if they match the discription. Sadly many people will respond when its a kitten and a "free" cat. maybe keep the recipt for the wormers too then if you locate the owner and they want her back they should give you the money back for that at least if they are decent!

Good luck in finding her owners.

12. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Well done you for having the decency to stop and rescue Tidbit.

I hope you locate her real owner or if not find a decent home for her. Looks like she has a home already though - with you. :D

13. poshmog

poshmog PetForums Member

She is beautiful,and if it was me ,she wouldnt be going anywhere!!!:)

14. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

She is an absolute stunner, reminds me of my own silver/white tabby :) Hopefully you'll be able to keep her x

15. Missymoo

Missymoo PetForums Senior

Oooh she looks rather big in that pic beautiful aswell xxx

16. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

She's gorgeous!! She does look a bit big for 8 weeks though, or maybe it's just the photo? Your other cats should soon get used to her with her only being a kitten. Once she's wormed & flea treated, she can mix with the others, but expect a bit of hissing, lol! If you've got any in, try her with a bit of warm diluted evap - my friend's kittens love that & she gives it to them when they're weaning. Keep her - she's a beauty! Well done for rescuing her :)

17. Miss.PuddyCat

Well i found out tonight that even if could i wont get to keep her. I looked up how many cats are prehouse hold here and its three which i already have. Two are registered with a vet and on isnt :frown: stupied rule only came into affect last month:prrr:

18. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

She's much older than eight weeks, I would say. Get her to a vet to be scanned for a microchip, someone could be missing her (and that someone could be some distance away if she has jumped in a van or something).

Liz

19. Miss.PuddyCat

I just phoned the vets and they said she would be to young for micro chipping.

Ive made an appoinment for her to be checked out along with Horris appointment for next thursday.

20. thelioncub

thelioncub PetForums Senior

If you've told the vet you think she is 8 weeks then they would say she is too young for micro chipping. From that one photo I wouldn't say she is small at all. She's the same size one of my cats was when she was about a year old and pregnant. Also about the size of my siamese boy who is 8 months. I'd get her to the vet asap as this cat might not have been lost at all, but is now (if that makes sense)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice