Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Found dead cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by roseanna scott, Jul 9, 2019.

1. roseanna scott

roseanna scott PetForums Junior

I was on my way home tonight and there was a dying cat in the road. Me and another lady stopped and it died while we were there.
    We knocked on a few doors but no one knew who's it was. It didn't have a collar. So I said I would take it along to the 24hr vet in town.
    So I put it in my car and rang them, but apparently it's closed and the nearest one is over 10 miles away.
    So then because I had to drive to get signal I have this poor little kitty in a blanket in my bathroom.
    Will take it in the morning but feel it's a bit werid now
    Poor thing

Soozi and OrientalSlave like this.
  2. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

Thank you for stopping and trying to help this poor little cat. I do hope that you can manage to take it to a local vet today - hopefully it will be microchipped and that a (probably) worried owner can be given the bad news that their pet has been killed :(

MissMiloKitty likes this.
  3. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

It must be worse for an owner not knowing what has happened to their cat, so yes please take it to a vet. If there is a microchip, he will know how to inform the owners about what's happened.

4. psychund

psychund PetForums Junior

That is extremely thoughtful and kind of you to go through all of the trouble. Most people would have given up several steps back or not even stopped at all. I hope the owner is contacted. I imagine having someones passed kitty in your bathroom is a bit weird, but how nice of you to do so.

NFC slave and Treaclesmum like this.
  5. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

That is very very kind of you.

If it was mine I would be extremely grateful you had taken it home with you for the night rather than leave it.

I hope the owner can be found and appreciates what you have done.

6. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

How incredibly kind of you! Thank you so much. I hope the cat is chipped so the owner can be located and the poor little cat be returned to them so they can say their goodbyes. So sad. Please let us know if the owner is found at least he/she can be put to rest. :(
    xxx

7. Orla

Orla PetForums Senior

Bless you for giving the poor kitty this final act of kindness. The owners will definitely be grateful you took the time to remove him/her from the street and will take to the vet so hopefully they can get some closure. it is an awful awful feeling though, I've had to do it myself before. Thankfully my vet is only 5 mins up the road so I didn't have to keep him for any length of time, but it was heartbreaking all the same. The vet receptionist contacted me a couple of days later to let me know the family had had him cremated and had been in to pick up his ashes and asked her to call and thank me for bringing him in though, so at least I know the family got closure. xxx

Soozi likes this.
  8. BarneyBobCat

BarneyBobCat Slave to an AcroCat

I would definitely have had nightmares about a zombie kitten

9. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

It's so reassuring there are good people like you in the world.

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  10. saartje

saartje Hallo

Poor cat. That was really good of you to do this. I hope the owners are found so they can be reunited with their cat?

11. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

If that was my cat I would be so touched by your concern. The owners will be very grateful. Losing a cat is bad enough but not knowing what happened to them is beyond unbearable. I have experienced this trauma.
    Hopefully she has a microchip.

NFC slave likes this.
  12. Ottery

Ottery Cat Lady

That is so kind of you.
    I found people very kind when two of my cats were killed on the road. The first time two people rang me and one put a note through my door. The second time someone stopped and picked her up in a blanket, and rang me. My cats wear collars with my mobile number and address.
    I hope the vet was able to identify the owner.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice