UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just after a bit of reassurance really. I'm pretty sure it's just a fatty build up (Lipoma?), but he is booked in at the Vets for Monday just in case.

The lump is at the bottom of his rib cage, on his left side. It is soft and moves quite easily. Sox has just turned 10 years old.

What kinds of things is the Vet likely to do? I'm not sure if Sox will let him take a sample of the tissue, if the Vet decides it is a lipoma, will any further tests be required or can it be diagnosed by feel alone). Will it need removing? It's not causing him any pain or restricting his movement. Because of his age & hatred of Vets, I'd rather not put him through anything unnecessary.

Any advice and reassurance would be appreciated! My poor baby :(

·
Still missing my boys
42,303 Posts
Alfie has several and has had for a few years now. Vets can usually tell if they are just a fatty lump.
Some vets want to do tests but others are willing to wait and see. It will be up to you really what you are willing to put him through.
I just keep a close check on Alfies, they have grown slightly as he's got older, but it's at an extremely slow rate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.