Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Found a dog today

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by shetlandlover, Aug 22, 2013.

1. shetlandlover

shetlandlover PetForums VIP

I was heading to view a house and saw a dog unattended running along the bypass, I managed to find her and she came to me and let me get her safe. I carried her to the car and looked around for her owner but there was no one around.

Asked around local houses, no one knew who she was.

She was so lovely, very docile. I took her to the nearest vet and left my details with them, they scanned her but detected no chip and she had no tag on her collar.

I registered her on dog lost and took her with me to view the house incase her owners got in touch, they did.

They said she was chipped, which confused me as the vet nurse didn't find one. On the way to drop her off I took her back to the vet to check adn they found it this time. (in the neck)

Anyway shes now back with her owner, who's very grateful. Her owner had left her and her other dog in the garden and she had escaped whilst she was out.

I got to spend about 5 hours with her, she was so lovely. Then again I've yet to meet a not nice dog. lol

She's a whippet cross bedlington apparently.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. loukodi

loukodi PetForums Senior

Well done you!

She looks like a sweetie, im not sure I see the bedlington in there thought, could just be me :)

Good happy ending :thumbup:

3. littleangel01

littleangel01 PetForums VIP

aww shes loverly :) glade she was returned home tho worse night mare with chaos as for some reason the last two times we have been to the vet her chip hasnt been found :( (always ask in cae it moves) last time it took two attemps to find it in her neck

hmmm i see the whippet but no bedlington :)

4. shetlandlover

shetlandlover PetForums VIP

The vets we took her to, the vet nurse said she was a whippet x bedlington as she had one, I didn't see bedlington in her although she had a wire coat on her body and a smooth coat on her head.

When I took her to her owners they said she was a whippet x bedlington, they also had a full whippet. She was so lovely, both the whippets were!

5. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Well done you:D nice to hear it was a happy ending :D

6. LeeManchester

LeeManchester PetForums Junior

Aww, well done for finding her owners - She looks lovely in the pics!

7. Honeys mum

Honeys mum PetForums VIP

Well done for taking the time to find her owners, she looks lovely.

8. andrea84

andrea84 PetForums Senior

aww well done you!
    she does look a cutie :)

9. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Well done for finding her owners.

She is a whippet cross bedlington in the first photo you can see her coat on her neck and chest is far to long to be a pure whippet

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice