UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cookie has a spot on her right hip that is totally bald! She suffers from flea allergic dermititus, so constantly has little scabs under her fur from the itching (even when she doesnt have fleas like now).

Could her scratching have lost her her fur?
Or should I get her checked out?

She is eating, pooing, and weeing fine.

She is an indoor and outdoor cat (although prefers inside).

Should I take her to the (shhhh) vets?

thankyou for reading xx

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Yes, if she definatly doesn't have fleas I'd take her to the vet.
Do you have something to stop the itchyness from the vet too? It must be very uncomfortable for her:(

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
One of my rescued cats has allergic dermatitis which was originally due to flea allergy, but no longer because he is always proactively treated with Advantage every 4 to 5 weeks, so never has fleas.

But he still has itchy skin, and if he eats certain foods he develops scabs again. Atm he is doing well on raw bone-in rabbit and RC Sensitivity Control. The scabs are all gone, though the itching hasn't stopped completely.

The only thing the vet prescribed to stop the itching was a steroid injection and I certainly don't want him having those on a regular basis because of the risky side effects.! So if your vet has any different ideas I would be interested.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.