Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

fosters or rescue workers please

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by princessx87, Aug 18, 2009.

1. princessx87

princessx87 PetForums Senior

Hurry please come forward, these dogs need your help!

2. princessx87

CAN ANYONE TAKE ONE OF THESE POOR DOGS INTO RESCUE ?
    DONT LET THEM HAVE THE SAME FATE AT DELLA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:59:12 +0000
    Subject: Fw: UK - VERY URGENT Doris Banham RESCUE Appeal - 8 UK Dogs due to be destroyed 21st August 2009
    To:
    Can you help with any of these. G13, B19 and G2 have rescue spaces now

URGENT APPEAL FROM DORIS BANHAM RESCUE !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8 Dogs in the UK will die without your help!
    Please read all of this URGENT APPEAL !

DEADLINE OF FRIDAY 21st August 2009!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    POUND DOGS - Only 7 Days to live, didn't you know ?

Below is a photo of Della taken in June 2009 - a 7 year old healthy, friendly, beautiful cross-labrador.

Like all Pound Dogs she was waiting for someone to come and claim her as theirs or for someone to come and adopt her.
    She did not know that she was only allowed 7days before a decision would be made about her life.
    She just waited, looked and hoped for that one person to come.

On the 26th June 2009, Della, a healthy dog, was euthanised because nobody came to love and care for her.
    She was not ill, she had done nothing wrong.
    Euthanised makes it sound as if she needed to be put to sleep for her own good.
    The fact is she was destroyed, a healthy dog's life and her hopes of finding a loving home were destroyed by us because we left her in the pound to die!

NOTHING CAN BRING DELLA BACK - BUT YOU CAN HELP OTHERS JUST LIKE DELLA THAT ARE ALSO WAITING AND HOPING FOR SOMEONE TO COME.

Situated in the UK - shown below are eight pound dogs that are on a destruction list to be actioned on the 21st August 2009.

That means they only have until Friday 21st August 2009 before their days of hope and waiting for someone to come for them have ended and they are due to be destroyed.

Below is an urgent appeal from the wonderful Doris Banham Rescue, without your help these eight dogs in the UK will have little chance of life.

Doris Banham Rescue are appealing primarily for safe non-destruct rescue spaces for the eight dogs shown below, they are also appealing for donations towards their boarding costs which would also help save their lives.

Doris Banham Rescue will fund and arrange transport unless they are in a pound nearby and can be collected.

If you can help please contact 0208 363 9634 or 07597049231.

O9 - Rottweiler male, young adult. Nice friendly boy who can sometimes be a bit over friendly but hasn't grumbled when been removed from the object of his affection. He hasn't been bothered by other dogs.

Friday 21st August 2009 - DUE FOR DESTRUCTION !
    DONATE - dogsos

B19 Mac - Red and white staffy X adult male. Nice boy who hasn't bothered with other dogs. His 'finders' little boy kept calling him Mac and knew about some stitches he'd had on his leg. This lovely boy may have been living with children.
    DONATE - dogsos

O10 - Black/brindle staffy Male approx 5-7 years of age. Staff say he is nice and friendly and hasn't bothered with other dogs. Staff describe him as "Really quiet, no trouble".

DONATE - dogsos

G13 - Ambull bitch who is approx 2 years old. She is friendly and hasn't bothered with other dogs. The staff shay she has had pups in the past and might possibly be pregnant now.

DONATE - dogsos

B20 - Staffy fawn and white adult bitch who is friendly and sweet. Up to 3 years old.

DONATE - dogsos

Old 15 - Slight cross staffy Brindle 1-2 years old - nice natured but needs to be only dog in home. Quite quiet. OK when other dogs pass. 1-2 years old. Male

DONATE - dogsos

Maternity 1: Very very shy. Rottie (Mastiff?) X. Male. Looks quite young. Doesn't bark at other dogs.

DONATE - dogsos

Green 2 - only young, less than 18 months. Black and white. Male. Seems fine, bit boisterous because young. Crossbreed - probably some collie.
    DONATE - dogsos

PLEASE DO NOT LET THESE DOGS DIE !

3. animallover111

B19.... Mac... Red and white staffy x is SAFE..... :thumbup:

4. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

w id love to help but probz cant im in scotland...aberdeenshire

5. Nicci

Nicci Guest

You have PM :)

6. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

oh i wish i never read this i would love to foster colonel...he seems like he needs lots of love poor pup do you accept foster carers that live in a flat...only 1st floor and ground floor i have my own garden!

#6 staceydawlz, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  7. Nicci

Nicci Guest

The above girl is now safe :)

8. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

I am so pleased she is safe, was worried about her getting in the wrong hands if she is pregnant.

Can't foster at the moment but pm me if there is anything else I can do.

x

9. princessx87

NICCI, i have tried to PM you back (Said you cant accept)

Just a quick update:-

A lady i'm working with sent me these details, and thats all i know at present.
    Im not a rescue, I just work closely with them and advertise their pets they need to re-home safely. If you would like to foster / rehome a animal there is a good few at present that need a loving mummy or daddy.

Im sure we can find everyone a loving animal even if you are in flats / employed / or over 70

Please visit:-

Princess-Storm
    Many thanks to everyone that has emailed me and PM me, its nice when this forum pulls together...! :thumbup: :thumbup:

10. animallover111

O10...black/brindle staff is also SAFE.....:thumbup:

11. princessx87

OK just to let everyone know:-

ALL THE DOGS WHO FACED BEING PTS ALL IS NOW SAFE! :)

I have had this email this evening from the woman i work with and this is what she's asked me to copy to everyone who pm'd and emailed.

OK Vicky
    Thats really good news
    These particular dogs are now safe in rescue places so 3 things.

1. did anyone want to offer a HOME to one specifically?
    If so which dog?
    Can you pass details onto ***** so they can get them home checked and they can sort the homing fee

2. Did anyone want to home a dog off there just to save its life and wasnt bothered which dog?

(If so caroline who I am copying is has 4 in danger for next Monday - all need to be home checked though as we dont save staffs from death row to let them go to unchecked people as dog fighters somethimes try to infiltrate the rescue sites)

3.Can you let me know where the fosterers offers are (Area)?
    As they will also need home check too..!

Thanks very much for doing this its a great help to us trying to save lives from the pound

So can anyone, who is still interested please PM me, Email me, Or leave a message on this thread!

Many thanks to everyone that applied in the first instance!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice