Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

fostering

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by wiccan, Jul 30, 2009.

1. wiccan

wiccan PetForums Senior

hi everyone quick question!
    my mates just mentioned to me about a kitten thats been found they think its about 3 weeks eyes open and can walk ! and are gunna bring it aorund tmoz so i can see how old i think it is and whether it still needs milk!
    If its still tiny ive sed maybe my cat hocus will foster it as she has a litter who are 2 weeks all have eyes open now and healthy!
    What would be the best way to introduce the kitten ?
    am i rite in thinking you rub the new kitten on the others so they smellthe same with out mum seeing and then let her back in ?
    She is a brillant mum so i cant c there being a big problem but doyou think big age gap would cause problem ?
    we do have lactol ect on the ready incase thanx 4 your replys

2. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

Hi,it may work,my girls feed other kittens,good luck:): just make sure kitten is 100% healthy before introducing to your litter,no runny nose/eyes,sneezing etc.or fleas!

3. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

good luck introducing them, x

4. wiccan

wiccan PetForums Senior

thanx will prob run it down2 the vet before bringin it home just to check its healthy wouldnt want the others 2 get sick

5. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

I'm sure your cat will accept the new kitten. If it really is that young, the poor thing will be desperately hungry by tomorrow.

Liz

6. wiccan

wiccan PetForums Senior

i no poor baby if i had transport i would be out collecting it now but willhave to wait till tmoz now coz o/h is out n lil one is in bed hope it will be ok
    !

7. sjreilly72

sjreilly72 PetForums Member

Oh please keep us updated I can't wait to see what happens.What time you gonna pick up the little one??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice