Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fostering ...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by kittykat, Jul 13, 2009.

1. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

A cat rescue near me are desperate for someone to foster a 10 week old tabby that is apparently being left all day on her own and I offerred to take her :eek:

I'm talking to the lady later on today as a few rescues said they may be able to help but as Im closer Im being considered.

I really want to help this kitty out but Im worried about my other cat, he is extremely jealous and I dont know how he will be .... Im hoping cos the kitty is only young he may be ok with it. just looking for some opinions really!

2. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I couldn't really advise you on how your cat may react, but I was convinced that Thomas would attack, maim or kill the kittens when I introduced them to the house. He went through stages of denial, anger and I guess acceptance.

We just had to make sure that we supervised any interactions between them very closely.

I'm sure as long as you're sensible then things should be fine.

Good luck, I have everything crossed for you.

kittykat likes this.
  3. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

hi, he may accept another cat, but if he is quite jelous already it might not go how you want it too...also alot of older cats dont accept another cat/pet...but whatever you decide, good luck..

4. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Thanks for your advice, I wouldnt leave them alone or anything so I'll always be able to supervise. As I'm just fostering her it may well work out and I decide to keep her! lol Knowing me ...

Thanks - the main thing my cat gets jealous over is food! He is worse than the dog in that respect! Anyway fingers crossed that I get the chance to foster her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice