Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fostering....

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PembrokeMadhouse, May 4, 2010.

1. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

I have just filled out a form for Many Tears fostering - HELP!!!!

I was so positive I could help Nell until I got her home and realised that really she didn't want to know, and after she escaped I never wanted another dog again, but now I see that I made a mistake and more importantly the rescue also made a mistake too - however I see so many dogs needing help I can't say no.

I will wait and see if they phone me - once they hear I "lose" dogs they might not want to know!

corrine3 likes this.
  2. corrine3

corrine3 PetForums VIP

This is maybe what you need to gain your confidence back, like getting back on a bike when u fall off. Good luck :)

3. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Well i for one hope they realise that you are a really good person and give you the most well deserved dog!!!
    Good luck x

4. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

thanks for the kind comments - I worry it is too soon, but I spend hours looking at the rescue sites I have got to do something ...I hope one day I might see her on a site for rehoming... but may be not.

My dog Meg is slightly aggressive to other dogs we meet out and about, but okay indoors ... except over food ...obviously the foster dog would be kept separate for a bit and fed separate for a bit, but how will I know if this is stressing my Meg out and causing her to be upset.... Will she know we are helping unfortunate dogs (like she was herself) ... she seemed to know Nell wasn't good and was quite tolerant of her ....

My mind is racing now !

5. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

I met someone yesterday who got a dog from Many Tears on Sunday... and was mad enough to take her to the May Fayre...

Definately good luck! I don't think you losing Nell, should stop you from fostering for Many Tears :D

6. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Dont be too hard on yourself.

Some dogs are just more challenging than others and not always suitable in all homes.

Have you considered volunteering as a dog walker? That way you get to meet the dogs x

7. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

They will match you to the right dog for you I am sure and am sure you will be fine - it must be very rewarding and what happened could have happened to anyone.

I had my new staffie one day, a friend popped round and so used to my other dog not wanting to go anywhere that maybe wasn't as careful as should have been. He wasn't yet chipped and no ID... he shot out the door and legged it up the road into the horizon.

Thank god he is a greedy pig and not nervous or scared and there was a bin at the top of the road in which someone had just dumped a bag of chips and found him standing in the bin filling his face.

8. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Hope it all goes well. Try and stay positive, you have a lot to offer and fostering means you will be able to help a lot along their way.
    Well done you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice