Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Foster my cat

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by Fiona Tuckwood, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Fiona Tuckwood

Fiona Tuckwood PetForums Newbie

Hello, am new to this site. I'm looking for someone to foster my lovely cat. I have recently moved and she is in a cattery but would like a quiet house with a garden and patient foster carer. She also needs medication twice daily . Please can someone help? We are in Cambridgeshire. Fiona

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello @Fiona Tuckwood and welcome :)

Members of this forum mostly have a cat, and many have several cats, so may not have room for fostering.

The kitten season is coming to a close for this year, so you may find a volunteer foster-carer from one of your local Rescues would be willing to foster your cat. (In the summer foster carers are too busy fostering kittens). As well as paying for your cat's food, litter and any vet care she required, expect to pay a generous donation to the Rescue. It would be worth phoning some Rescues and enquiring.

Worth noting that many volunteer foster carers from Rescues have their own cats and so do not allow foster cats to mix with their own. They would not allow a foster cat to go outdoors for fear of the cat disappearing. So a foster cat may be kept in one room in the house, or possibly in a heated cat pen in the garden.

#2 chillminx, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM
    Summercat likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice