Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Foster mum & kitten feeding advise please.

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by puss2cats, Jun 12, 2017.

1. puss2cats

puss2cats PetForums Newbie

Hi all. Long story short, 3rd foster litter, hissy mum had 5 babies within a day of collecting her. Babies 4 weeks tomorrow & have started weaning on kitten gloop. 4 are eating some. But mum is trying to eat the gloop. I would normally allow mum but this mum can't tolerate any type of kitten food, wet or dry or milk. It goes straight through her to the extent she decorated the entire room 2 days after giving birth. I need to leave food down whilst at work so should I leave kitten food and hope mum doesn't cover the carpet again or leave adult food & risk the babies eating it. I don't want to separate them when babies so young. Really don't know what to do that's best for everyone. Never seen liquid poo spread so viciously before. :-(
    Thanks in advance.
    Mum looks the picture of innocence here lol

Attached Files:

2. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

Could you feed the babies their 'gloop' when you are at home and can supervise? I can see nothing wrong with leaving mum's food while you are at work. It would not harm the kittens if they did sample it.

puss2cats likes this.
  3. puss2cats

puss2cats PetForums Newbie

Thanks.
    I supervise gloop 3 x daily just awkward pushing mum away when she has cone so far :-(

4. TallulahCat

TallulahCat PetForums VIP

Could you mash the mum's food finely so the kittens can eat it too?

I sympathise with the poop. It's amazing how far it can splatter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice