Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Foster dogs.

Discussion in 'Dog Photo Galleries' started by JSR, Jul 23, 2009.

1. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Thought I'd share with you some of the beautiful dogs that I've been lucky enough to foster over the last few years. These are the long termers who stayed for longer than a couple of days:

Mutley : My first foster, the most sweet and loving dog. Would have kept this fella other than the home he was offered was with a wonderful couple who loved him beyond reason!

[​IMG]

Gypsy. Came from Ireland with Rats an oldie JRT who the oldie club rescued literally minutes before they both got the needle. Rats had been offered a home and Gypsy was his life long companion so she was saved too. On arrival we were told they couldn't be parted for a minute, turns out they didn't have much love for each other and while Rats continued his journey to his new home Gypsy stayed and was adopted by my neighbours (the same people who had Mutley!!) :D

[​IMG]

Rats the oldie JRT..what a character..giving Sidney a hard time!!

[​IMG]

Beautiful Mac. Oh I loved this boy. He went to a couple who were runners and I still get emails with updates and photos!!

[​IMG]

Jake: Now Jake was the one foster dog I honestly didn't want to keep!! Don't get me wrong a fab dog but MANIC as hell and never ever stopped!! Took him 4 months to find the right home but he went to a huge family with lots of kids and grandkids and is entertained from morning til night..cos boy he needed it!! (Piccy shows Jake even managed to wear out Sidney which takes some work!!)

[​IMG]

My special boy Bear: I loved him but he needed a home with people who would give him all their time and love, he coped with a large pack but really wanted one to one attention. Sadly he broke his leg while with me..cos my horse trod on him!!!:eek:hmy: But this didn't change his sweet and loving nature.
    He went to live with an older couple who had experience with Rotties.

[​IMG]

'Duke' the one that stayed...and stayed...and stayed!!! This fabulous dog had been passed over for months in the kennels and spent 5 months at mine being fostered. When finally someone offered him a home, I broke down and said this one isn't going!! So Duke became Cooper and is still a much loved member of my pack!! (Well I have to keep one or two every once in a while!!!:001_tt2:)

This picture was his first day, he looks so scared and confused!!:(

[​IMG]

Not anymore!!

[​IMG]

I have since failed with Sumo too, a scruffy JRT who I should have rehomed but didn't..so there!!:001_tt2:

Anyway the point of these photo's is to show anyone thinking of rescue...do it!! Look what has passed through my doors the last few years..and these are just a tiny percentage!! Most of the dogs don't stay long enough for me to take photo's!! :D

2. r_neupert

r_neupert PetForums Senior

Aaaaawwww.... that's great to see, thanks for sharing! Well done with all the effort you've put in over the years, it's not easy! Here's my foster mutt Rodney - he was found stray and taken out of the pound before his pts date, he's spent many months entertaining people in the rescue, he's hanging out with us until a home can be found (whether that's mine we'll see :wink5:)

I'd recommend it to anyone - you're helping a dog get a new start in life, and in the process you're freeing a space up to save another.

Attached Files:

3. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

aww there all so cute love the picture of mac x

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Lovely pictures - it's really nice to hear some of your success stories.

5. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

Well done! :)

6. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

aww lovely photos

I could foster as i know i'd fail everytime to give them up i get way to attached

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice