Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Foster cat

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Buttons1, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Buttons1

Buttons1 PetForums VIP

I’m a fosterer for a rescue and have started looking after a female cat who has been living in someone’s garden for the last 6 months. They don’t know if she has been neutered. She is very round so I’m going to ask the vet to check if she’s pregnant at her initial vet check up.

I’ve had a look at her nipples and they don’t look obviously pink. One seemed very flat but another looked rounder. I’ve read that they don’t always pink up. Is that right? She’s a gorgeous cuddly cat so if she’s not pregnant I’m sure we will find her a lovely home very soon.

Attached Files:

2. Buttons1

Buttons1 PetForums VIP

Another photo

Attached Files:

3. Buttons1

Buttons1 PetForums VIP

Isn’t she gorgeous!

Attached Files:

Paddypaws and Summercat like this.
  4. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

What a pretty girl! Her nipples look normal to me, however if she is round and has been living rough it's possible she is pregnant. Please keep us posted!

5. Buttons1

Buttons1 PetForums VIP

I will do. We see the vet tomorrow. Hopefully she isn’t pregnant and we can get her neutered and start to find her a new home.

moggie14 likes this.
  6. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

Those do not look like the nipples of a pregnant cat, and if she's round enough for you to notice I'd expect them to be much larger than this.

However a check won't go amiss as she could have a worm burden, something else afoot or simply be rather pudgy.

If she isn't pregnant, vets can check for a spay scar.

moggie14 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice