Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

foster carer??help

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by staceydawlz, Aug 18, 2009.

1. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

i would love to help out y becoming a foster carer for cats but i dont know how to start, could anybody give me adive on the whole thing in general what age of cats id be looking after how many at a time would i need to pass a home inspection hings that fit for becoming a foster carer if they need medication or vet bills would i need to pay for them, just anything you could tell me and where to start...seems like thers not enuff room for cats in homes and protection leagues and id like to help!!

2. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

firstly get in touch with a rescue and see if they need foster homes, each one is a little different so ask them what they require. as for vets etc the rescues use their own vets so if there was something wrong you would have contact info etc or someone would come and take the cat to the vet. Check out catchat.org for a list of rescues in your area

3. Amzy

Amzy PetForums Junior

I work for cat protection in my local area and we always need help!
    I work on the phones and then this summer I was a foster mummy!
    I had 4 cats and kept 2 (ops! I got attached!)

Its hard work! I was surprised! At that point I had my 2 and they 4 kittens and 6 cats is a lot of work! 3 litter trays to clean, 6 hungry mouths to feed 3 times a day!

Its nice tho! Always somone to cuddle!

Generally you would have then 2-4 weeks and cp would give you food and litter and you would probs need to take them to the vet for jabs that cp pay for.

Its all good fun!

Maybe get intouch with cats protection in your area!?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice