Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Forum Live Chat

Discussion in 'Forum Technical Help and Issues' started by Gratch, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Sure this has probably be mentioned before, too tired to search (sorry!) but I love the idea of a live chat for the forum. I personally can't be bothered with instant messengers and sometimes I get bored in between posts (somehow I forgot what I used to do on the internet before I joined here :confused:) so having a chat to go onto and see who's kicking about could be fun :001_smile:

2. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

They can be good but other forums i have been on that have started chatboxes ect the the post count goes right down. :(

3. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

good idea, not sure I'd use it :nonod:

We have that rubbish on FB and its always falling apart. A chat thingy-me-bob would need to not have bug things :)

4. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Oh do you mean like personal 1 on 1 type chat i thought you meant like a chat room Doh!

5. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

I've probs got it confused...which confused you :D

I read it as individal chat but Gratch may have meant chat room...I don't know :D

6. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

There did used to be a chat room, but I don't think it ot used much and was a real drain on the server. At least I think I read that somewhere :eek:

7. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

its been suggested before. either wasn't used or peps didn't want it. can't remember now.

8. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

It would just be another means for some members on here to bully I am afraid and unless there was always a mod present ... which of course there could not be, it would be like a playground, if anyone not in their "gang" dared venture in or disagreed with them :(

At least on the board it's pretty public and permanent, unless abuse removed by mods, in a chat room this would not apply and I think a minority of members would take advantage of that :tongue_smilie:

9. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, I think I agree with Amethyst, besides the Mods have enough to do making sure we all behave now!. wayne.

10. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

yes there was a chat room once but dont think it was used much.

11. petforum

petforum Administrator
    Staff Member

As mentioned, there was one, but there was never anyone using it. As you cant have different sections on instant chat, it is just a free for all.

12. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

I'm a golden oldie and I can't make out what they are saying on these chat forums - it's almost as though they are texting half the time.:(

13. danielled

danielled Guest

There used to be a chat room on here but it never really got used so Mark got rid. In Mark's defence I woul have got rid of it too. I mean it never really got used so why have it. Plus as already said more bullying may accurr.

14. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

I did mean chat room but fair enough :)

15. Bandy

Bandy Banned

Nah, that aint even close to the truth.

I MOD on two sites, both with chat boxes. Logs are permanent....there are some versions that allow banning from the chat box (however long deemed necessary by any MOD) if a person abuses it or others in it.

You'd be surprised how much the bull sh!t falls by the wayside when the pompousness of posts (for being a jerks sake) gives way to actual conversation.

I've seen people who seemingly can't stand the others get along and actually have a good time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice