Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

'Forever Home Offered for German Shepherd Bitch over 3

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by CreatureTeacher, Nov 3, 2012.

1. CreatureTeacher

CreatureTeacher PetForums Newbie

I recently had to forfeit my German Shepherd Dog through no fault of my own and both myself and my family are devastated, therefore I am now looking to offer a loving home to another German Shepherd dog or bitch who would get on with my other GSD and would be a companion for my sweet girl.
    What I have to offer is a loving family home and over 30 years experience of the breed to your pet if you are looking to rehome him/her, however I am not able to offer payment at this juncture, due to all the money I had following graduating from University as a mature student in July being spent on my former boy. I am able to also offer references on request and would gladly be prepared to be security checked if you wish; I am an upstanding member of the community and a professional person of impeccable integrity.
    I have much time and experience to offer another GSD, a great home and in addition he/she will have company all the time and would not be left alone as we are around all day and therefore I decided to place this add, as I'm sure that somebody somewhere, is reluctantly through changing circumstances, looking for a guaranteed genuine home for their much loved furbaby. I prefer a pet over 2 years, housetrained and most importantly one that is good with children and other GSD's and I would gladly welcome a GSD that had been spayed or neutered, as it is a pet I’m looking for and not a dog to breed from as I’m against that myself.
    Thank you kindly.
    Steve (07954602769)

2. kirksandallchins

kirksandallchins PetForums VIP

3. househens

househens Guest

You can also check if oldies.org.uk (7 yrs plus and Special Needs), have any at the moment, and ask them if they have any contacts near you, they can ask. They are very nice

This bitch is 10 yrs and desperate to be out of kennels but thay think perhaps only dog. Tho reading back, you don't even want to pay adoption fees.
    http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-resc...epherd-bitch-kennels-needs-her-home-asap.html

Might be best to check your local gumtree, etc ad's as most people here would want to know the dog would be insured and have a lot spent on them, if they were in an accident, or ill. None of us begrudge the low fees rescue charge, to spend on a new dog in need, and if you can't pay that, due to debts from Uni, the sad fact is no one is going to have much faith in you insuring or paying for possible big vet bills.

#3 househens, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
  4. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Hi, Steve and welcome to the forum. I am sure I am not the only want who would like to know exactly what you mean by "forfeit" your former dog. If he had to be pts then we are sorry for your loss, but it would be helpful to any potential pet owner who might want to take you up on your offer, to know if that is not the case.

It is also not a good idea to put your phone on the internet.

5. Nagini

Nagini Guest

it's not really when you can google it:rolleyes:

part of an advert i found online.

6. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Ah. Thanks.

7. Nagini

Nagini Guest

i'm sorry to say in those circumstances i wouldn't place a dog there , theres something not quite right about rehoming one dog and replacing it with another. when i volunteered for rescue this was one of the many things we used to do to keep on top of the ''game'' so to speak , we would often find ourselves googling phone numbers and email addresses to see if anyone applying for animals had any outstanding online adverts concerning animals for sale , or if they had previously rehomed animals , it's sometimes amazing what they can throw out:eek: i know many reputable rescues also do this it's not unheard of so seeking out a nice dog from rescue wouldn't be easy either in these circumstances , especially if they were also expected to waive their rehoming fee.
    searching the likes of gumtree IS a bad idea , more often than not folks do not tell the truth and OP yet again could find themselves in the same situation regarding having to find another home for another dog because of issues with their current one.

8. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Well done detective Diablo:D I was also a bit concerned by the word 'forfeit' & also about the wanting a 'free' dog, I'm sorry if it's cynical but it rings alarm bells for me every time

9. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

One has to ask, if the OP cannot afford a rescue adoption fee, how will they do if the dog is ill? German Shepherds cost a lot to insure and they are not cheap to feed either. £80 or so adoption fee is not a lot to ask and I wonder if OP asked himself why there was this aggression between his two dogs? According to what I have read, it is far more likely that two bitches will fight than a dog and a bitch.

10. Nagini

Nagini Guest

'forfeit' was a very misleading word to use , especially when OP could have just come out and explained the previous situation rather than someone finding it. it's not a crime to give up on what you feel is a hopeless situation to ''save'' your other dog because of aggression / fighting issues etc. it is a bit naughty to lead others to believe or think your other dog is now at rainbow bridge:rolleyes:
    i think getting a 'friend' for the OP's dog should be the last thing on their minds to be honest , if it hasn't worked out once , they need to be looking into the reasons why it didn't work , and if there are any outstanding issues now with their current dog , ie, fear aggression etc based on what the dog previously suffered with the previous dog.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice