Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Foreign body in nose/throat

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by curluscat, May 10, 2010.

1. curluscat

curluscat PetForums Junior

Hi, I'm concerned that Dolly has something caught at the back of her nose/throat. She's intermittently making snorting, sneezing type noises and occasionally sounding like she wants to vomit (retching). After one of her 'sneezing' episodes yesterday I thought something came from her nose - wood, soil? but can't be sure. Has anyone else had experience of this - I've thought of letting her sniff pepper to hopefully clear whatever it is. What does anyone think? This problem is only happening now and then, she's slept all night without one episode but it happened again when she got up.

Thanks for listening, any advice appreciated.

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Personally id be getting her to the vets today.

It might be an upper airway infection, mine had something similar a few months ago and required an extended course of antibiotics and had to be kept indoors for 10 days.

If it is a foriegn body, it may be stuck (some grass seeds have a little barb on them) and need removing under anaesthetic. If left too long they can cause some really nasty infections.

3. Shamen

Shamen Guest

sorry to say it but i think making her sniff pepper is cruel,

if there is something in lodged in her nose or throat she really needs to see a vet, i wondered if it might be kennel cough because shes retching but as shes sneezing aswell maybe not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice