Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Forced to pay charity

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wiz201, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

My manager at work has decided to hold a cake stall for charity, and she's asking all of us to bring in something to sell. Now I wouldn't mind if she said 'bring something if you want to contribute' but its the way she's asking and almost forcing the task upon us, asking us repeatedly. I left really annoyed about it today, I'm just glad that I've got the day off on the day of the sale as my car is getting an alarm fitted and it needs to be there for at least three hours. I like to choose which charity I want to donate to :mad2:

2. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

I agree - I would find this very offensive. Invite you to contribute - fine, but pressure - no!

There is a lday in our church who is similar - she's always selling tickets for this, that or the other. I don't mind her asking once, but I don't like being repeatedly hounded to buy tickets I frankly can't always afford.

It's rude, and it puts people in a situation they feel uncomfortable in. Plus as your boss she is effectively bullying you. Not on.

3. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

I'm finding it hard to say no, I fended her off by saying I'd rather pay to eat something, but I'm not going to do that either after the way she's treated me.

4. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

I agree I am all for giving to charity but think it should be optional and no pressure, sometimes people just can't afford it, and the pressure just makes you feel bad

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice