Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

For those with partners that work away

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SeaThreePeeO, Jul 9, 2009.

1. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

How do you cope?

DH has just started his new Job as Assistant Manager at Clarks Shoes today and has been told that next week he will start training in London and then Camberly for two weeks. They will be putting him up in a hotel during that time (all expenses paid travel, food etc).

DH is excited, but understandably nervous. Myself I am torn between, YAY I get to watch what I want on telly and OMG no adult conversation for 2 weeks!

I coped okay durning the 6 years I was a single parent, but then I lived with my parents, so there was always another adult that came home at the end of the day. Now I have two children (one disabled) and I am wondering how I am going to cope with my sanity in tact (I have visions on myself rocking back and forth in the corner at 3am while the girls are up watching teletubbies oe Wall-e on repeat and eating junk).
    :eek:

2. princessx87

princessx87 PetForums Senior

Mine works away a few times a year, normally all i do is, just ask a few family members to come around and have a chat.
    or even better come on pets-forum, and just ramble lol

3. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

My husband works away, has done for years goes to work on a monday morning and comes home on friday, lots of people ask how i manage, i always say manage with what? you get used to it, ime not helpless or hopeless lol.
    To be honest if he ever comes back for a night which is very rare it puts me off my stride you have a routine and it upsets that:rolleyes: when the children were younger it was harder your a single parent for most of the time and it can be hard juggling everything but you do it, you have to, but now they are grown up its great everything to myself all week.:D

4. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Are we not adults? :001_tt2:

5. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

LOL Thanks for the replies. Strange I couldn't wait for him to go back to work and now I'm worrying about having to cope without him for two weeks. It's not like he does much when he's here anyway :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice