Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

For those with more than one dog....

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Sleeping_Lion, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Which one hogs your knee or sleeps next to you when you're relaxing sat on the sofa etc?

For my lot, it's either Tau or her daughter, but mainly Tau.

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Tallulah, dillon and Percy
    All the hairless at once !!!

3. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

Freya is very cuddly in the evening, she'll pop up for a cuddle multiple times and if she's not on my lap she'll be at my feet.

Florence isn't really fussed, prefers to stretch out on the other sofa :)

4. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

Fletcher is ALWAYS beside me, Floyd the terrier shuffles between the back of my sofa and his bed beside his "dad's" chair. Flint, sleeps on his sofa, on his own, or in the kitchen where it's cooler. But Fletcher's never far from my side.:D

5. WeedySeaDragon

WeedySeaDragon PetForums VIP

Usually either Fitz or Wybie.

I fell asleep on the sofa this evening (not much sleep last night!!) and Fitz slept next to/on me the whole time :001_wub:

6. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

Flint always comes up for a cuddle after his tea,he usually stays about half an hour and then he's off.

Craven will be the one who comes and lays next to me.But it depends whether he wants to curl up or stretch out.

If he wants to stretch out he will go on another sofa.

Tonight I have Craven on one sofa,Flint on another,me on the 3rd and Goldie on the floor.

7. YellowLab

YellowLab PetForums Senior

Mine won't get on the sofa 😕I think we made it to clear as pups that sofas were off limits! However if you sit on the floor you will end up with hunter trying to get as much as his body on your lap as possible and yogi will lean all her body weight against any spare part of you!

8. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

Always Rossi! He is next to me as I type :)

9. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Clover :) Daisy doesn't really like been sat with me.

10. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

We operate a 'no dogs on furniture' policy here unfortunately.

11. Labrador Laura

Labrador Laura PetForums VIP

Mylo never wants cuddles so he just stays in his bed or sleeps on the floor, but Zab is most of the time on the sofa with his head on me or his whole body :rolleyes:

12. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

The youngest 2 Heidi and Alfie.
    Adam and Hannah prefer coming up for a cuddle and stroke then go and settle somewhere but my babies want to be sat on my lap all night...:rolleyes:

13. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

All 3 of mine. Pippi is my arm rest, Shannow is my foot warmer and Bizkit is lying up on the back of the sofa behind my head (thanks Clover :lol: )

14. Wyrekin

Wyrekin PetForums VIP

Malcolm mostly but sometimes Bandit squeezes in between. Scooby prefers a chair and Layla is currently relegated to the floor as at first I was looking to re-home her and didn't want her getting in bad habits and now she is currently in season. Once out of season I will let her up :)

15. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

Dolly is a real 'in your face' dog so will tend to get as close as possible!

I'm sleeping on the couch at the moment, a 2 seater, and Baxter (the golden) tends to settle at the end so I end up sleeping with my feet up, over him :rolleyes:
    He just likes to be near me!

16. tattoogirl73

tattoogirl73 PetForums VIP

opie's my lapdog baby :D he sits with his bum on the footstool and the rest of his body draped over me. can make it very awkward when i went to go on the laptop. tricky and benji take it in turns jumping and sitting on the other side of me but on the main if opie's with me they relish the chance to steal his bed which is the sofa :eek:

17. lozzibear

lozzibear PetForums VIP

Arrow! He loves coming up for cuddles, and he comes up onto the bed every morning for cuddles before I get up :) Jake loves cuddles too, but he isn't so 'in your face' about it like Arrow is.

18. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

Pru the foster likes to cuddle on the sofa and she's worked out if she tramples the greys in the process they'll move so she has more room. Hattie is also a lapdog, she flips on her back once on for belly rubs, but she doesn't need to be next to you quite as much as Pru. Neither are light Hattie is 25kg and Pru 28kg so do get dead legs after a while but keeps you nice & toasty. Throp also loves cuddles but he's not pushy like the girls, he's the only one to come up to bed with us so gets some time then.

#18 2Hounds, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  19. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

Neither - no dogs on furniture here!

Scooter is the soppy one and tends to sit or lie just in front of you if you're on the sofa, or will come and lean on you if you sit on the floor. Breeze is never far away from me but likes to sit near me instead of next to me. So long as she's close enough for a belly rub she's happy.

20. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Bruce - he's like a growth and sticks to me like glue, Flynn being a close second. The others couldn't care less. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice