UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to tesco at one oclock this morning (had a small emergency) and i checked the reduced veg as always for sum rabbit food, the bags of salads rocket etc were reduced to 22p a bag and i got some round and little gem lettuce for 31p a bag. there was loads of it too. shame i couldnt buy more and stock up but i didnt think they would get through it all before it went reall bad. usually when i buy these reduced they still 65p or more. i was shocked. gonna start going for rabbit veg stupidly late/early, will save me a fortune my girls eat so much. those bags are brill for stuffing loo rolls too.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
went to tesco at one oclock this morning (had a small emergency) and i checked the reduced veg as always for sum rabbit food, the bags of salads rocket etc were reduced to 22p a bag and i got some round and little gem lettuce for 31p a bag. there was loads of it too. shame i couldnt buy more and stock up but i didnt think they would get through it all before it went reall bad. usually when i buy these reduced they still 65p or more. i was shocked. gonna start going for rabbit veg stupidly late/early, will save me a fortune my girls eat so much. those bags are brill for stuffing loo rolls too.
sounds like some bargins! not sure i will be going to tesco at one in the morning tho lol :p i will keep a look out should I happen to be there at that time!
I got some apples in the reduced bit for them the other day, and I sometimes manage to get carrots, they tend to be half price not super cheap. We have some lovely long grass at work which has definately not been treated, weed on etc so they are getting that a couple of times a week at the moment, saves a fortune on spring greens!

*Heidi*

*Heidi*

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
i went to tesco the other night about 6 .00 and i got salad bags for 10p a bag!...and they still had a day to go.. so it was lettuce all round!...:laugh:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my BF has just popped in again for some bits and there was loads more stuff at 25p and less. maybe they have finally realised it sells better when its ridiculusly cheap. the rabbits have now got the veg draw and two shelfs full of stuff in our fridge. lucky buns. you can also get sacks of mishapen carrots from horse places for about 60p. they last ages too.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I call in most nights after work about 6.15 and they always have reduced parsley and other herbs so i always pick him some up! Its well worth it cos parsley is so expensive in tesco for how much you get! lol

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was under the impression you shouldnt feed lettuce to rabbits as it gives them the runs, is this not correct?
iceberg lettuce is almost all water hence the runs, other types arent so bad and they have some goodness to them so small bits are ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.