Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

For those of us struggling today ...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Aurelia, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

I just wanted to send you all a hug.

My eldest would have been a teenager now had things gone to plan. But he/she wasn't meant to be and neither were all the others :(

My hubby bought me Adele's album yesterday and I've just sat her and listened to it the whole way through. It's a beautiful album, but it really did get me thinking ... perhaps a little too deeply.

As the years roll by it gets more and more difficult knowing how we are missing out on having children of our own in our lives. Today for me just makes me feel like a failure :(

So again, massive hugs and understanding to all of you out there feeling the same today, you're not alone xxxx

hawksport and Dally Banjo like this.
  2. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Oh ime so sorry for your losses today is a happy day for many but equally sad for many too. You arnt a failure at all and ime sure you have enriched another life in some way even if you havnt realised it.

3. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw geez, so sorry xx :(

4. shells

shells PetForums VIP

big ((((((hugs)))))) totaly agree with the above post xxxxx

5. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

*Big Hugs* Aurelia :( Sorry to hear of your losses :(

6. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

((((hugs)))) sorry for your losses

7. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

That's very sweet of you folks and thank you.

But truthfully I'd of kept it to myself except that I know that for many people their family and friends won't understand why today is not a nice day for them. Hope that makes sense. I just wanted others to know they aren't alone today I guess.

xxx

8. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Hugs to those who have suffered loss xxxxx

Today is hard for me too as im desperate to become a mum ......:( love to all xxx

9. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Today is a hard day for me, i am just getting ready to go up the crematorium. :(:(

Big hugs to all of you that are suffering today. xx

10. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Take care Kath thinking of you today xxxx

11. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

That must have taken quite an effort for you to post your message – it shows strength of character that you can think and offer a kind word to others when you obviously feel down yourself so thank you for sharing that with us.

Life is a learning curve and full of hurdles for everyone, however, no one is a failure.

The warmest hug from me – did you feel it? :smile:

12. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

I think it is even harder for some people to cope with mothers day,not only with their emotional feelings,but because everywhere you turn,it is in your face,it is way over the top for me and I told my kids yesterday they don't have to rush out and buy something because they feel they need to,its the stuff they do all year that tells me they love me,so one son mowed the grass and the other helped do the weekly shop and put it away!

Hugs to everyone that is struggling today for whatever reasonsxx

13. Jocatza

Jocatza PetForums Junior

Any one who can think of comforting others when they themselves are hurting can never be judged as a failure. [​IMG]

14. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

It's a bittersweet day for my eldest sis, who lost baby Niamh on April 9th, 41 weeks pregnant and two days before she was delivered. Thankfully she has baby Holly in her arms now, born March 3rd but Niamh will always weigh heavily on the heart of all our family. My heart goes out to everyone that knows the loss of a child and lots of hugs for this difficult day.

15. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Has been a really hard day today, espeically when i get up the cemetry and find out that my sister thinks it is a competition who can buy the best flowers for our mum, i cant keep doing this all the time, i have bought more vases for my mum and dads grave, have dug them into the ground and put some lovely tulips up there, will go back next week to check they are still there, how sad is that hey??? :(:(

16. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

((((hugs)))) to all those that need them today.

I should have 4 cards but I only have 1. Mothers day always hits home that fact.

My step mum has neither of her 2 boys here anymore :( and she struggles for the weeks running up as its everywhere you turn, on tv, radio in supermarkets etc.

And also my friends first anniversary <3

17. Sending you a hug ((((Auriala)))))) chin up! things may start to look up soon, NOT suggesting that ANYTHING can compensate grief through loss of a loved one by saying that.

18. Sending you a hug (((((sarybeagle)))))
    love
    DT
    x

19. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Sending you a hug ((((KATH))))

Love u mate xxx

20. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

So sorry huge hugs for you hun xxxxxxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice