Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

For the Ladies - Are you one of the 'third'?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MoggyBaby, Oct 31, 2012.

?

How Good is Your Parking??

1. Good to Very Good

45 vote(s)
    63.4%
  2. Average

16 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Baaaaaaaaad!!!

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I heard this on the news this morning and was personally affronted when I did.

Woman finally admit, we really CAN¿T park: AA study finds third change driving plans to avoid parallel parking ¿ twice rate of men | Mail Online

Are we honestly THAT bad?

I know I am not - I will, and do, park anywhere be it parallel parking or reverse parking. I have had male neighbours comment on the fact that I can squeeze my cars into the tiniest of spaces.

I will confess that I am finding it harder in my new car than I did in my Astra because the new car has not got such a good lock on it. I could almost park the Astra sideways because the lock was so good and it is taking time to adjust to my newer, but less 'mobile' model. That aside, however, I will still park in the same manner I always have - WITHOUT FEAR!!!!! :D :D

#1 MoggyBaby, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

Yes I am in that elite group :eek:

To add, reverse parking goodly parallel badly

3. HoneyFern

HoneyFern PetForums VIP

When I'm alone I can park perfectly but for some reason having someone else in the car with me can throw me off and I look like the worst driver ever! If I know I'm being watched then I take forever to park, lol.

4. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

Sorry I admit :eek: I'm baaaaaaaaaaad! :D

5. cats galore

cats galore PetForums VIP

i have a big car - a mazda bongo. i park my car with ease and i am shocked at how many small car owners struggle to park within the lines of spaces - even bigger than average parking spaces. i quite often sit shocked at how difficult some people find it to park. if you can drive then surely you can drive the car forwards into a parking space. but this is not always the case. and may i add, that a lot of the time it is men that are the culprits not women!! they are either useless drivers or very lazy - either way they do not park properly:rolleyes:

6. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Parking doesn't bother me in the slightest. Did multi drop driving for a while, driving a transit lwb.. didn't bother me then either :001_smile:

7. CKins

CKins PetForums VIP

I am very good (not to toot my own horn but...) at parking and just driving in general actually. I can even park OHs T4 and I'm only just over 5 foot tall :)

8. chichi

chichi Banned

Im okay at parking but not so good as the OH......so put myself as average:eek:

9. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

I'm dead good me :D
    But then I passed my test a year ago, and manoevres are mandatory these days. Plenty of people tried to tell me that as a 39 year old woman I would never be able to learn, and I'd like to thank those people, because nothing motivates me to do something well better than someone telling me I can't :D

10. Modwyn

Modwyn Guest

Parking isn't an issue, I was told at 16 if I wanted to drive I had to be able to reverse down the wee lane we lived at the end of and had to perfect parking, dad was a stickler.

I believe the problem for most people who struggle to park is a complete lack of spacial awareness.

11. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Horrendous. Avoid parallel parking at all costs and will park further away from where i need to be to ensure i don't have to parallel park

12. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Not afraid to parrellel park but of my own choosing I refuse to go into multi storey car parks (oh lordy!) the tight turns frighten to life out of me. The only one I will venture into is John Lewis'.

Also I choose to park away from people so that my car remains unscathed from others attempts at parking :D I put Winnie where trolleys don't need to be squeezed passed ;);)

eta, I've a tank of a car which is why I don't like multi storey car parks.

13. DoodlesRule

Does it work though - I find if you park the furthest away possible surrounded by tons of empty spaces someone just always parks right next to you, why :confused:

14. niki

niki PetForums Senior

I used to be great at parallel parking. I had to do it everyday where I used to work but since moving jobs Im so out of practice! I did try recently and majorly b@llsed it up.

Also OH has just refurbished my wheels and said he will continue to wash and clean inside and outside of my car for as long as my wheels remain un-kirbed!

15. Jenna500

Jenna500 PetForums Senior

Maybe it's something to do with having a big car - I've got a Nissan Terrano and I can park it anywhere! I lived in Bath for a while and parking there is a nightmare. My then BF used to just get out and let me park it, because he couldn't. And if things were really bad, he'd make me park his too!

16. oggers86

oggers86 PetForums VIP

That confuses me as well..its an empty car park, why the need to park next to another car??

I am awful at parking, I avoid parallel parking wherever possible..had to do one a month or so back and I was actually quite proud. It wasnt amazing but it wasnt horrendously bad :)

I am also terrible at reversing, I once attempted to reverse up a drive thru after they had sent me to the wrong window..ended up nearly scraping my car, failed to get to where I needed to be so gave up and drove home :eek:

17. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

I have a tendency to park near to people because it's actually easier (you have the other car as a reference point) than in empty spaces. I hadn't really thought that people might be thinking "what a weirdo" like when someone sits next to you when there are loads of empty seats :D

18. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

But we KNOW you are babes - it's one of the reasons we luvs ya!!! :D :D

19. kate_7590

kate_7590 PetForums VIP

To be honest Im really good at parking..even my OH and friends comment on how great my parking is :D

My new car has got a reverse camera on it though..so I guess that helps haha

20. DoodlesRule

:D Well yes sort of - I always wonder if someone has been watching and are going to leap out at any minute. Mind you last time it happened to me it was a brass band parked either side of me :blink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice