Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

for some reason I am really nervous

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Tigerneko, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

just about to take Tiger out and I don't know why but I am really nervous :confused:

it's such a sunny day and every man and his dog (quite literally) will be out.... with Tiger being like he is, the park is a no no when the fair weather walkers are out. The last few 'sunny day' walks have always ended in disaster between him and other dogs, why can't it be cold and rainy :rolleyes:

Good job i've got some rescue remedy!

2. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

I feel like that sometimes when Zebs in one of his moods!

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

It's horrid isn't it! I feel like this most days tbh, my area is full of idiots who don't seem to know what a dog lead is or what 'recall' means.

I've just packed a muzzle into my walking bag which I really don't want to do, plus he walks on a canny collar so I probably won't even be able put it on him but if it keeps the idiots away then I feel like it's my only option on days like this.

It makes planning walks so annoying too, I may walk down to the canal because most people have their dogs on leads around there.

4. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Why can't you just wait until later? :confused: I'd of thought it was a bit warm for dogs to be out at the moment anyway.

This evening will be quieter and cooler :smile:

5. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I am going out for a meal tonight & don't know how late i'll be back so i've got to walk him now really.

6. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Good Luck, it's been horrendously busy around here consdering Makita is proving to be a real pain around other dogs. I got really stressed when my OH said 'Oh lets walk back accross the playing field', eventualy (after an hours moaning) agreed and we headed home via the playing field and were planning on finding a quiet corner and maybe having a chill under the trees to enable him to see other dogs from a distance.

After all that stressing there was a dam sole there! :D So we had a lovely run through the middle of the field (which wasnt to long considering thy had just walked 5/6 miles!)

Hope you have a nice walk :)

7. rona

rona Guest

I try and walk places that most other don't and go early and late to avoid all the Sunday idiots and their over excited dogs that get walked once a week

8. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

right, where's this playing field lol

It might not be so bad, hopefully they'll all be heading home by now :)

9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Where I live is quite built up & I can't drive so it's hard for me to get further afield... it's times like this that I regret not learning to drive :lol:

even then, i'd probably be nervous of all the sunday drivers :scared:

Yeah it's a nice place to walk... had a massive disaster last time though, some bloke was peeing on a tree and wasn't concentrating, his dog lunged when it saw us and the lead went flying out of his hand, took 3 of us to get the damn thing off my dog :mad: next time I see him p!ssing against a tree i'll wrap the dog lead round his dangly, then let the bloody thing lunge at us!

10. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Should surely be time for Sunday lunch by now, fingers crossed so quite quiet out :)

We are spoilt I have to be honest as we also have the school playing field of the school my OH works at (We live on site) but its not secure enough for Makita to be off and not that interesting for Millie so we have been going out and about lots. But I would never go to this playing field in our village alone with them both and I was so shocked it was deserted!

11. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

maybe they've all gone for a walk on the canal :eek: :scared: :cryin:

right i'm gonna have to get myself out now, otherwise Tiger's walk will be getting shorter by the minute... still got 3 hours yet :thumbup:

12. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

Good luck on the walk, I'm sure it will all be fine. :)

13. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Just a quick update before I go out :D

The walk went surprisingly well! We didn't come across all that many dogs and he actually ignored the majority of them!

He had a small fuss over an off lead terrier that wandered up to him, owner called it away and it left us alone. He had a bark at a westie that also barked at him - but ignored a collie on the other side of the canal that was going bonkers at the commotion :) he ignored 4 staffies that all ignored him, ignored a tiny Dachsy but was pulling on the lead and fussing at a couple who had a ginormous Landseer Newfie and a Bullmastiff - the owners just smiled and laughed at him :rolleyes: :eek:

so we had a really good walk in the end.... only disaster was that I managed to get lost :rolleyes: and ended up walking to my work to meet the OH as it was closing time and he also works there.... so I said hiya to some friends, Tiger got lots of attention and we got a lift him from the OH :thumbup:

Lovely, now why was I worried?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice