Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

For snipeblade.

Discussion in 'Wildlife Gallery' started by rona, Feb 12, 2012.

1. rona

rona Still missing my boys

He is just soooo cute :)

2. rona

I hope you get to see this thread soon, it's going to get a lot longer tonight, I got some good shots today ;)
    Went to Arundel this morning, I put my warm wellies on because I thought it would be wet underfoot in the aftermath of the snow, but by half way round I wished I'd kept my trainers on, it was dry and the weather was very warm.
    Had a lovely walk though, we started at the river walk :)
    Saw this little fella right at the start
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And another half a mile on :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then we went around a lake and up through the avenue of Lime trees, Alfie loved it here because people feed the ducks and there were loads of pickings to be had :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We went and got a bag of chips each, sat by the river and as we were only a few miles away we decided to go to the sea :)
    Muddy just adores the sea :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stopped on the way home for a cuppa at the top the south downs, with this view
    [​IMG]

If you aren't fed up there's a few more here
    http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-chat/220641-pretty-good-day-today.html#post1061805950

#22 rona, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  3. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

Oh he is a cute one and he knows it...we couldn't sleep tonight so given the fact he's missing his Daddy he's having a midnight kong with his favourite peanut butter...bad for him yes but he's happy so once in a while won't hurt him eh...I'm hoping my dad will kick my ass for it very soon
    Rona he's going to LOVE these, these are just the kind of pics he tries to get himself when he goes out with my uncle Alan...he's going to be so pleased you're back to taking phots you know...he mentioned weeks ago that it would do you the world of good I can't wait to be able to tell him:)

4. rona

He's wise as well as handsome ;)

PS. you'll have to stop quoting my posts, you are making the thread twice as long :D

5. rona

Hi again mate :) Didn't think I'd have many for you today because I had to work and also had Alfie booked in for hydro. It was so warm that I was able to walk without coat today, and with a couple of hours free this afternoon, decided to go to another local reserve.
    There's a couple of videos here that are just for the sound :)

These were from my morning walk.
    [​IMG]
    VIDEO
    [​IMG]

Then these from my trip out this afternoon. I only found this place last summer and I'm so looking forward to duckling time :)
    [​IMG]
    Still bits of ice around
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bluebells are really starting to move now
    [​IMG]
    There were insects everywhere but I only managed to capture two
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    VIDEO
    [​IMG]

6. rona

Just heard the news that you have shown signs of recovery :)
    You don't know how relieved I am for you both :)
    Get well soon :)

7. rona

Another warm day today, quite overcast and dull though. It was a day of annoyances. The dog has started limping again and a lot of my photo subjects just wouldn't sit still long enough :D

This one sat watching me for a while
    [​IMG]

The morning sky was promising but it didn't last
    [​IMG]

This picture should have had some blue tits in. They were checking out the hole at the bottom of this knot, so I'm hoping for some good pictures here soon :)
    [​IMG]

A question for you.
    I've seen this pattern on several ponds over the last few weeks in the ice, any idea what causes it?
    This was today, I was surprised to find any ice
    [​IMG]

8. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

Aww bless them...Those ducks on the ice look like they could use a kettle of water lol,are you sure that's not what the ice pattern was?...did you check for ducks nicking your flask of coffee to break through the ice? I can just imagine my dad crawling on the iced up pond making a hole for them, that would be typical dad wouldn't it Dad :)
    Your picis are getting great Rona it doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago you where saying you where a little rusty but the ones n this thread are impressive, can't wait for Dad to take a look

9. rona

I was mugged today :yikes::yikes: I'll tell you about it later ;)

Today is quite warm but the wind is picking up and it's just started raining. Alfie is lame and I tried to do a very short walk this morning but he insisted that we lengthen it :rolleyes: Most of the walk was on a grass farm though with a little road walking in the middle :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The local council are replacing stiles with these kissing gates. Really good for an old dog that can't jump or bend under things :thumbsup: What's it like around your place for access?
    [​IMG]

Started to be worth looking for flowers now :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The insects were out in force, managed to get a few pics, though the first one doesn't seem quite in focus to me :eek:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, and then there was my little mugger, she just would not leave me alone!! Couldn't record her when she was crawling all over the camera :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#29 rona, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  10. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

My God I wondered what you meant myself for a minute:), glad it was a small attacker who was easy to fight off. Loving the pics again, Dad loves the insects when he goes out with his camera, last time we went out we stood for ages trying to get a good photo of a cardinal beetle which kept moving and obviously camera shy but we got it in the end :)
    I am looking so forward to showing him these photos, just to see his face when he realises that someone has been taking photos while he's not been able to. Yesterday he was supposed to be going out with his camera for the first time in months and he was looking so forward to it ...it's all so wrong, why Dad...he's the gentlest soul I know....you know if we're out and he sees even the smallest insect on the footpath through the woods he'll stop and move it in case it gets trodden on...you can't get kinder than that can you?

11. rona

Yes I know he was supposed to be going out yesterday :(
    I can see you, even when he's first out of hospital, having to hire a wheelchair and push him around the local wildlife reserve or somewhere similar ;)

Oooops Snipeblade, have I given you ideas :D ;)
    I'm sure you would have had them yourself anyway :)

12. rona

Got another couple of pictures of my little mugger of yesterday that the OH took :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. rona

Last day of the OHs holiday today so although we didn't go far because Alfie is still lame, we went to a place that we rarely visit.
    We had a hard frost this morning and it was bitterly cold in the wind, but we found a short stretch within the wood which was sheltered and quite warm :)
    A disused Canal which is gradually being restored runs through the wood :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I loved the reflections on this little pond
    [​IMG]
    and the structure of this
    [​IMG]

A few critters that were in the sunny spots :)
    Love the shadow on this one :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tried to get some birds later but they are either too far away or have gone before I manage to click :eek:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

Aww bless him I hope Alfie perks up soon, he's struggled of late hasn't he..lets hope a little milder weather comes our way and helps, it always does Fizz .give him a big squeeze from us.
    Oh I have it planned, as soon as Dad's allowed off the ward I'm going to be wheeling him round the hospital grounds in visiting hours with his binocs and camera, the staff are going to either be used to me by then or not but either way he's going to have every chance of getting back to himself if I have anything to do with it, they're good on hdu so far though so I dont think they'll moan as long as its in his best interest :)

15. rona

Back to normal today, doing all the normal walks, all with dogs. Makes it harder to get any pictures, but I thought I'd have a go at birds again today.
    Don't laugh :blush:
    Fail
    [​IMG]

Fail
    [​IMG]

Fail
    [​IMG]

Just slightly better :confused:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The best of the day but still not right :eek:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok, need to know what you think this is, there were 3 on a stubble field, I've got a feeling they were Yellowhammers???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was very cold this morning with a lovely frost and hard ground underfoot. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. rona

Really looking forward to resumption of your photos, and I hope the hospital and Clare let you get back to it ASAP :)

17. rona

Nothing exciting to report today. It's been blooming warm down this way and getting even warmer according to the weather men :(
    We really could do with some rain, I was walking in trainers again today, it's so wrong!!!!
    I hope you've been able to get to a window today ;)
    I did see these when out on one of my dog walks today. Not good photos but worth recording :) These are a wild herd.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think there were 9 white ones and 2 sandy coloured ones, don't know how many all together but a large group that's for sure :D

BullyMolly likes this.
  18. rona

So pleased about the news this morning, but you are a naughty boy for doing it. :D
    Bet Mack is over the moon too ;)

19. rona

You probably know what the weather is doing up your way today ;)
    We have had a damping down, wish it would just rain properly, if we have to get wet I'd rather it was for a worthwhile amount ;)
    Camera wasn't out of my pocket much today but caught a few bits and bobs :D

Fish were active this morning
    [​IMG]

Got loads of these all over the place now, they come up in the woods even
    [​IMG]

Didn't think I'd get any more so took this little girl in the garden
    [​IMG]

These were out on what was not much more than a puddle
    [​IMG]

This would have been lovely if the camera hadn't picked up the wind so much :(
    VIDEO
    [​IMG]

20. rona

Well what a day!!!
    It was like late spring. At one point today the thermometer in my car said it was 18C :scared:
    As you can imagine, there were 1000s of insects on the move. I saw 3 bumble bees and even a butterfly, also went into a field this afternoon and in the sun I could see 100s of flying insects on the wing, amazing!! :)
    I've been out for 7 hours in total today, nearly 3 of those with my old dog this afternoon :D
    [​IMG]

Buds are bursting
    Hazel flower
    [​IMG]
    Hawthorn
    [​IMG]
    Beech
    [​IMG]

Wood ants were active
    VIDEO
    [​IMG]

Dog had a break half way round this afternoon in the shade of an Oak tree
    [​IMG]

A few insects that stayed more of less still enough to have their pictures taken. Well, except the Ant and Bee (they aren't quite focused) :blush:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That bee was high up a tree and that's the best I could do :001_tt2:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice