Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

For Koda

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LisaZonda, Jan 31, 2012.

1. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Well I've been dreading the 31st January for a few weeks now as it is 2 years ago today that I lost my beautiful girl Koda...I've changed my mind numerous times over the last few days about what to say and whether to even do this thread at all as I find it so hard to deal with writing or speaking about her, I feel like I have a tennis ball lodged in my throat and my eyes are stinging and blurry already :( ...time out for a cigarette for 5 minutes, I'll be back.....

Ok my apologies, deep breath and I'll carry on.

To Koda,

You came into my life totally by surprise and chance one day back in 2004...I'm not one for making daft rash decisions on a whim, on the contrary...usually everything I do in life is weighed up, well researched and hugely worried over but for whatever reason that day it all went out of the window and the moment I held you I knew there was no chance at all that I was going to leave without you, it was the best daft thing I've ever done in my entire life!

My life changed that day and I had found the most amazing best friend anyone could ever hope to have, your soft, gentle and loving personality was so endearing, your slightly nervous nature meant that you looked to me for confirmation that new people or places were safe....once you had it you were so friendly, playful and just a little bit zany, you were my shadow and I knew you were right there behind me looking up at me with so much love, we didn't need words as we had connected on such a level that our eyes did all the talking, you were my 3rd child and I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful and patient dog for my two young daughters to play with, your loyalty and devotion was beyond anything I've ever known in my whole life...you were with me through so many good times and I will treasure those memories forever, we also got through so many bad times together...so many I could mention but particularly when we lost our buddy Scott in November 2009, without you I would have fallen to pieces so many times and for that I thank you from the bottom on my heart.

I'm struggling to continue so I'll leave it at that but I will just say that every day I miss you so much, my heart broke the day I lost you and the emotions I feel now are still every bit as raw as they were back then but I know one day I will be with you and Scott again for big bear hugs, you are both forever in my thoughts and my heart.

My best friend and canine soul mate...Koda-Bear I love you sweetheart. :001_wub:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Added info : I forgot to add an important part of my message earlier, I just want to say that I lost Koda at only 5 and a half due to bloat, if anybody reading isn't aware of this condition then please arm yourself with as much information on this horrible condition as possible....there is a sticky in the Health and Nutrition section about this and I can't stress enough how important it is to know the signs and symptoms, if I had known more then maybe my Koda would still be with me now :(
    Bloat is a truly terrifying condition that can kill a perfectly healthy dog within hours, I hope by writing this I can prevent the same thing happening to even just one other owner and their dog.

#1 LisaZonda, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
    laineyvee13 likes this.
  2. BlueBeagle

BlueBeagle PetForums VIP

That was a lovely epitaph and I have tears in my eyes and I didn't even know Koda.

Keep his pawprints safe in your heart and treasure his wonderful memory. So sorry for you on this difficult day :(

3. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

I had tears in my eyes reading that.

What a beautiful tribute and what a lovely boy he was

xx

4. Coffee

Coffee PetForums VIP

:crying:

I don't know what to say but I couldn't read and run.

That was so lovely, has brought a massive lump to my throat. Koda sounds like a very special dog indeed.

<<hugs>> for you LisaZonda xxx

5. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Sorry just to add...Koda was female :eek:, I didn't make it clear in my post so my fault as her name could be for a male or female :blush:

#5 LisaZonda, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  6. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

sorry hun :eek: xx

7. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

What a lovely tribute. I don't know about you having to have a break but I think I need one now :crying: Koda was not only gorgeous but a very special girl and her memory will always be with you xxx

It is hard for many, many years after losing our special furbabies but try to smile as you remember all her little quirks and the wonderful time you had together.

Take care xx

8. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Hey no probs :) I read through it just now and realised there was no way of knowing so have edited it a bit....I'm such a fool :eek:

9. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

well i am currently sat at work blubbing like an idiot!! :rolleyes:

I dont actually know what to say, but just wanted to give you this

(((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))

10. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Wow what a relationship, if only every dog could be loved as much as Koda was, I had a huge lump in my throat reading it but in a good way, she was such a stunning dog and from reading your post its obvious that she was beautiful inside as well.

11. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

That was beautiful
    Thank you for sharing your lovely pics and heartfelt message
    hugsxx

12. SixStar

SixStar Banned

What a touching tribute to a beautiful girl - I've tears in my eyes.

Run free lovely Koda - you look out for my Benson up there, and have fun getting into lots of Berner mischief together!

xx

13. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Sixstar...what a lovely thought, I'm sure Koda and Benson are having a blast together!

Thank you everybody for your lovely replies....I burst into tears again every time I read one (in a nice way) :eek:

14. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

:crying: what a lovely tribute to Koda, it sound's as if she did leave paw prints across your heart. If only all dogs where so loved :) ((hugs))

15. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

What a moving thread.

Having lost a best friend myself, my Nelson in 2009, I know how much it hurts. It was an honour to have shared part of our lives with them :)

16. Cloud&JaysMum

Cloud&JaysMum PetForums Senior

Had me in tears ....... what a wonderful tribute to what sounds like a wonderful four legged soul mate.

I fully understand how very hard it is when you lose a four legged soul mate ..... one that has seen you through the bad times and been there with you through good times too.

Much love and HUGS to you xxxx

LisaZonda likes this.
  17. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

Beautiful xx Massive hugs to you - Koda bear is still with you in spirit xxx

18. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

I was thinking of the Bear in Brother Bear called Koda :eek: Such a lovely name :)

19. laineyvee13

laineyvee13 PetForums Member

That must have been so hard for you to write and post but what a wonderful tribute to your special girl Koda and thank you for sharing this with us today.

Paws n hugs from us x

20. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Well that is actually where we got the name from to be honest, she looked just like a fluffy bear cub when we got her and my daughter was mad about that film at the time, we decided that Koda sounded fine for a girl too :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice