Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

for a hobby

Discussion in 'Dog Agility and Flyball' started by jessiegirl, May 31, 2010.

1. jessiegirl

jessiegirl PetForums Senior

how does one get into dog agility? its something id like to do ,just for fun like....i dont know the 1st thing about it really... how much in cost and how fit do u have to be?

2. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

I used to do it with my last dog just for fun, he was faster than me!! LOL

Try and google it and see if you find a training centre near you that do it then go along and have a look and meet the people. It is fun and the dogs love it. X

3. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Look on the website AgilityNet. On the clubs page you should find some local contacts, though many clubs have a waiting list. Costs are very variable. I pay £3 for a session (one and a half hours), but I've heard of others paying £10, or a very cheap £1.50.
    You don't have to be all that fit - the top championship handlers may be, but there are people in their seventies competing and doing quite well. There's one handler I know who stands in the middle of the course and directs her dogs around her from there. Quite a few people with disabilities do agility too. Bear in mind running a course takes under a minute, so you don't have to run for long. It's great fun, so give it a go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice