Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Food

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by klh45, Jan 11, 2021.

1. klh45

klh45 PetForums Newbie

Hi, I have a 4 year old cocker spaniel who normally only has 1 normalish poo a day and the remainder are soft (whippy) type! I have tried him on different foods including grain free which made him go about 20 times a day! He is currently on James Wellbeloved and it has sorted his anal glands out but not the poo and going out for walks is a nightmare as they are too difficult to pick up. What foods can anyone recommend please?

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

With my own dog first poo on the morning walk is usually firm, 2nd softer, 3rd (if he does one) yuk! ;).

I think it’s quite normal - something to do with the length of time in the system and water absorption.

He’s just been out for a walk round the block and did a firm one again - that’s been in the system since the morning as he’s only weed during the day.

You could try a different flavour of food - that did make an improvement with Jack as he was always quite loose before. Went from Butchers tinned Lean & Tasty to Simply Gentle.

He also has Vets Kitchen dry - 50:50

klh45 and niamh123 like this.
  3. Yelraf

Yelraf PetForums Newbie

I had the same trouble, poo was awful everytime. I changed from James wellbeloved to burns pork & potato, it has made an amazing difference. We have 3 maybe 4 poos a day & their solid. I'm thinking about changing to raw complete food but I scared of things going back to how they were.

4. klh45

klh45 PetForums Newbie

Thank you for this. Did you use the sensitive or sensitive + please?

5. Yelraf

Yelraf PetForums Newbie

Sensitive pork & potatoe. Amazon was the cheapest place I could find on a subscribe & save. I put a bit tin pilchard or sardine on in a couple of times a week

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice