UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am new on here and have looked through some posts regarding food ingredients but I am now more confused than ever:confused::confused:
Ok, so my question (which probably has been covered a thousand times) is, Which dry food do i serve up for my dogs?
I have 2 cavalier king charles spaniels 6yr old female and 10 month old male. My eldest has had problems with anal glands so I need high fibre. I have seen 2 foods i think are good, one made by symply and one by skinners but when i look at the table that a forum member has made these two brands are not as good as i thought they were.
Please can someone advise me, i want to switch over in the next month or so ready for my youngest being on big boy food.
Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
It is a minefield!

I feed Wainrights as it contains meat rather than deriatives, I supplement with turkey and rice meat as well, or top with cooked chicken.

My vet said to add branflakes to his food to add the extra fibre.

·
Registered
15,290 Posts
The dry dog food index thread is probably the best place to find out which foods are high quality but after that it really does depend on the dog. What suits one dog doesn't necessarily suit another and it's trial and error to find out what your dog does best on unfortunately.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I agree, it can be a minefield and some of us only start analysing it all once we start experiencing digestive problems with one of our dogs. Generally, its safe to say that the more you pay for a diet, the better it will be. The higher the cost, the higher the fish or meat content. The higher the fish or meat content the more digestible it is for the dog or cat. You have been looking at two middle of the road diets which a lot of dogs do absolutely fine on. The reason I feed fish4dogs diets is that I have a dog with a particular digestive problem which is sorted with this diet (a red meat intolerance) and I can safely feed the same diet to all my dogs along with their treats etc. All the top quality diet companies will happily send you a sample for your dog to try before you buy. Hope this has enlightened you further! Fish4Dogs Online Shop - Natural Food & Treats for Dogs & Cats :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.