Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Food Dehydrator ideas please

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by button50, Aug 27, 2013.

1. button50

button50 PetForums VIP

So ive treated myself today to a food dehydrator...Very excited about it all. Please post me some hints, tips and recipes... For me and the dog please lol.

2. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Liver , chicken, heart hotdogs, sweet potato , fish, nature diet all for the dog

Banana , apple, garlic, chillies, any fruit at all and google fruit leather :)

Sorry I'm on my phone x

3. button50

button50 PetForums VIP

Thanks some good tips already... Anyone do much with Veg?

4. gerbilmummy

gerbilmummy PetForums Senior

5. button50

button50 PetForums VIP

Oh that looks good im looking forward to having a dehydrating weekend...Crikey that sounds so sad lol

6. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

If you need a treat that's going to keep them occupied for a few seconds, such as training to stand for the show ring, keep the slices long and thin.

I've got one with 8 trays, so do about half a dozen tubs full of treats at a time, ranging from white fish to heart, liver and even sausage meat (which I get free from the butchers).

One of the nicest things I've done for myself were dried strawberries, very moorish!!

7. button50

button50 PetForums VIP

Oh im loving these ideas, There should be a Sticky about dehydrating didnt realise how much i can do for the pooch. Im really looking forward to doing fruit as i eat loads of it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice