Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

food changeover

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by kenla210, Jul 20, 2009.

1. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

I need to change Daisy over from AG puppy to the adult version, I'm also planning on swapping her natures menu to nature diet. Obv. as she has a sensitive tum anyway, I need to be very careful about how I do it.

1. Do I need to treat the adult version of AG as a new food and slowly introduce? or would it be OK to do a straight swap?
    2. Is it a bad idea to introduce them both at the same time?

I have about12 tins left of natures menu (which would normally be 12 days supply) and about 3 weeks left of the AG so was thinking about the following timeline.

Introduce the nature diet over the next 2 weeks, gradually increasing the amount of nature diet & reducing the natures menu. Once I get 100% nature diet, then switch to AG adult over the next week (less time as it shouldn't really be a dramatic change)

Does this sound OK?

2. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

So does this sound about right?

Should I treat the adult stuff as a completely new food from the puppy version?

3. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

If she has a sensitive stomach then I would treat it as a new food and introduce it very slowly over a couple of weeks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice