Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Food advice

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Butatwhatcost, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Butatwhatcost

Butatwhatcost PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone, I am looking for advice if anyone can help, I recently got a new kitten who had no issues at all but recently he is having issues with an upset stomach over the last week or so, I gave him pro-Kolin as instructed to stiffen up his pop but the moment i take him off it the upset stomach starts again, he eats a mix of wet and dry food of whiskas and I’m wondering if that may be the issue and if these more expensive brands are worth it and may make a difference, thanks

2. Callidora

Callidora PetForums Member

Hi @Butatwhatcost it could be the whiskas yes, whilst I have raised cats in the past that lived to a grand old age (in their late teens and early 20s) on what is considered the cat alternative to fast food, that was in the 80s and 90s when there wasn’t as much choice. I give my cats a mix of applaws wet food (which is their primary source of nutrition) and for a treat they have Sheba select poultry slices in gravy once or twice a week (which they devour) I try not to give biscuits at all because two of them have a heart condition and I’m trying to keep their weight from increasing (and there’s really no nutritional value in them) but they do love Purina biscuits given half the chance (I.e when my husband is left in charge)

3. Nicola234

Nicola234 PetForums Senior

I’d take him to the vets for a fecal test in case there’s anything else in the mix

Callidora likes this.
  4. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Have the fecal done and get rid of the kibble. Feed him plain chicken and broth for a day or two and keep him on the probiotic. Once his tummy has settled start transitioning him to better wet foods, very very slowly, keeping him on the proboitic. No more kibble.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice