UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if there has already been mentioned lately but..........

We have just inherited a very nice placid English Springer Spaniel and now looking for the best food to give it

It is at the moment eating any dry or wet food it is given.

In my opinion it is a bit on the skinny side but maybe because it is still only 10 months

I have looked at the Bakers Complete but not sure and also Vitalin

Any help from Springer owners is welcome

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Whatever you do, DO NOT feed Bakers. It is crap.
If you go in the Health section, there are a couple of stickies about wet and dry food. From memory, JWB is decent and maybe Fish4Dogs.
I feed raw, though.

·
Registered
533 Posts
hi gassman didnt want to read and run and congratulations on your new addition pegree dry or wagg is good
orgien i probably not spelled that right you can get it at [email protected]

there loads on the market i read the nutrional advice a better idea of wot the brand has to offer i am sure someone with better advice will be long shortley welcome to the forum

·
MillieMoo'sMum
2,015 Posts
Millie is fed Origen, bit pricey but an excellent food, she was on Raw diet, Natural Instinct, but after a few months on it she simply just stopped eating it, even went 2 days with no food, was extremely worried, and upset that she didnt want raw :confused:... so I bought the best kibble I could find and to my mind it's Origen :D

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Whatever you do, DO NOT feed Bakers. It is crap.
If you go in the Health section, there are a couple of stickies about wet and dry food. From memory, JWB is decent and maybe Fish4Dogs.
I feed raw, though.
Do not feed bakers, it really is full of rubbish and your placid springer probably wont be placid for long :p (we did used to give it to our old boy but thats a long story :rolleyes:) the thread terencesmum refers to is here http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-health-nutrition/255727-updated-dry-dog-food-index.html

Its a useful list as it also indicates the cost of each food because when you say best it also depends how much you are willing to spend so the question really is 'whats the best food for around £??? a day/week' unless you have unlimited funds ;).

We are currently feeding Arden Grange Adult Chicken and Rice (dry) along with Nature Diet (wet) just because I think dry biscuits are dull, she doesn't really care, it isn't that cheap but we have a little terrier who doesn't eat much. However the other thing to bear in mind is the better quality the food the less you need to give them so something thats £10/bag will go quicker than something thats £15/bag, the cheap rubbish foods are all filler and grain which they don't need and quickly evacuate ;)

What was the dog on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.