Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Following another thread, would you or have you. . . . .

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by haeveymolly, Jun 29, 2010.

1. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

ever sued for negligence we have but do not agree with all this sueing over every stupid thing and sueing when it could cost an individual more than just money its wrong i think.

2. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

I think it really depends on the situation, if say when Amy went to london she went missing I think I would sue the school yes,

But yes i think people just sue willie nillie nowdays and it ruines peoples life.

3. Assuming you are meaning the insurance claims for the most stupidist of reasons! It is about time someone put a stop to it! its ridecoulas!

4. ClaireLouise

It depends on the situation,
    Im actively encouraging my parents to sue over something and they wont :(

5. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

The compensation claim culture grew out of America. You can sue your neighbour for allowing his dog to crap on your prize rose bed or little 5 year old Jamie numpkin who left his tricycle in your driveway and you were too blind to see it and tripped over the infernal contraption, grazing your knee and tearing your brand new strides! It's pathetic!:mad:

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I am claiming compensation (or rather looking into it) but not for any daft reasons you can come up with.

I know someone who claimed and WON for 'whiplash'. The bus drove over a rock :rolleyes:

7. haeveymolly

Theres no such thing as an accident of any type nowadays someones always to blame, its always someone elses fault it pathetic. You can guarentee that if you have a road accident however minor you will be sued for whiplash whether they have it or not, the easiest way to get a £1,000 :mad: and then they wonder why insurance is so expensive.

8. Zaros

I once tried to sue Bass Charrington for falling over in one of their pubs and cutting my forehead. Unfortunately my case was adjourned until I'd sobered up!:eek:

9. haeveymolly

What!!!!!! they put that falling over stuff in your drink and didnt pay up, well its a travesty:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

10. Bexy

Bexy PetForums Senior

The problem is cos people think it is just an insurance co paying then it is acceptable to make false claims - the same people moan when their premiums increase:rolleyes:

I work in insurance and it beggars belief how some people think they can claim for stupidity.

11. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

Nope never, and to be honest I wouldn't really sue unless it was blatant negligence like losing my child etc.

12. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

Ok, give us a clue, what do you think we can get away with then? just enquiring you know:rolleyes: :lol:

13. haeveymolly

Trust you. . . :lol::lol:

14. ClaireLouise

15. Bexy

Bexy PetForums Senior

I will need to make sure firstly it is not my work you are claiming - got to look after my profit share:D

16. Zaros

I couldn't even get insured against stupidity it let alone claim for it! :frown:
    They told me I was a liability. :eek:

17. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I remember that hun :( How is she now? x
    Well you know why I'm claiming... It's hard to explain why though as a lot of people would automatically assume it was just for the money.

ClaireLouise likes this.
  18. ClaireLouise

She has had Paliative chemo and has been given a prognosis of 6/12months so she went off to south africa for a month to visit relatives lol cant fault her

I know what you mean hun, I totally agree people assume its money and its not.... its the fact someone is accountable/in the wrong and should be made to account for there actions

19. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh that's nice for her to get away :thumbup:

Well that's exactly it :/ I don't agree with suing for the littlest thing but when your life has been ruined you deserve something, the financial stability at least.

20. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

If something serious had happened to me due to someone else's stupidity maybe but for something minor never. When I was in secondary school a burglar fell through the glass roof, broke his arm and successfully sued the school for damages :eek:. I hate the new culture of sue because the kid fell over in the playground and skinned it's knee.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice