UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few pics from this afternoons foolishness on the dunes. I've stopped all dummy work for now, they'll be out working in a couple of weeks so I'm just letting them have a break from it, I want them to be keen.
Met a couple of G.S.Ds on our stroll, I saw them first as they came over the top of the dune I was climbing, the lads were just ahead of me, their owner then appeared and called out to me not to worry, they weren't aggresive. I told him that I wasn't in the least worried, and the dogs met up. Turned out to be a mother and son combo, the young lad was about two year old, the mother about four and half years. After the initial, slightly wary sniffing, Flye and the young shepherd decided that a good way to spend a few minutes would be in indulging themselves in a little sparring, Flyte, God bless him, did try to get mum involved but was met with a gentle, but firm rebuke, not at all nasty, just a curl of her lip and a '' Bugger off and leave me be'' snap. Skye, as is his way, decided to keep clear and carry on with his task of ensuring that no living creature, be it feathered or fur was going to be allowed to rest in his neighbourhood.
The thing I'll never understand about dogs is why, given that they have acres of dunes to fool about in they always, without exception, have to do it right under your feet ???

Attachments

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Brilliant photos once again, when I try and get action shots all I end up with is either a blur or just a tip of a tail!
The thing I'll never understand about dogs is why, given that they have acres of dunes to fool about in they always, without exception, have to do it right under your feet ???
They're all the same, doesn't matter how much space they have!

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
If I do move closer to you Pete I would love you to take some photos for me!! You capture things so beautifully that you feel like you're there looking at the photos.

And yes, they always play around your feet :crazy:.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Stunning pics :D x

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always have to show your pics to the family. You really have a knack at capturing the spirit of the dog. :)
Thank you BessieDog, Given that I spend all of my waking hours with my dogs I suppose I should be able to understand their 'spirit' as you so kindly put it. I'm glad that it comes across in my pictures.

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Well isn't Flyte looking foxy in that last pic :)

I've been quite spoiled with Tink as does indeed always play around my feet but she always dodges and never ever bumps into you, unlike hte young boxxer she was indulging in a game of chase with one day, who quite literally swept me off my feet :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Moonviolet has it in one. If they play further away they miss the thrill of "accidentally" knocking us over.

My late dog Rock used to meet a doberman called Rosie and a kelpie called Milo at the park and they used to play with Milo's football. I got caught in a three-dog collision one happy night. I found myself on the ground with Rock licking my face, Rosie standing with her front feet on my chest, peering at me and Milo scrabbling the ball from under my legs......... hysterical according to the other owners!!!!:001_smile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.