UK Pet Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynn's just been attacked by a ******* STAFF!!!

12K views 215 replies 65 participants last post by  tashi 
#1 ·
And I am FUMING!!! :mad:

Just finishing our walk and approaching my house when I heard ' come here, come here' Sh!t I thought, an off leader. Couldn't believe it when I saw it was my worst nightmare - a Staff!

It charged straight up to us, I stood still and Flynn had his playful 'Husky ears' on. The frigging thing just launched an attack and went for his neck. I loosened Flynns lead so as he could defend himself and a stand up kinda brawl started in the middle of the road - all the time me saying to it's owner 'quick get his lead on' the owner being a good 20 yards away - as they always bloody well are! The two dogs stopped for a second and stood looking at each other and the Staff attacked again, Flynns throat this time the target, under the chin area. :eek: So it all kicked off again, by this time my son and daughter were out of my house, son effing and blinding at the guy, who eventually managed to get a chain round his dogs neck. He was saying ' I'm sorry but he has a broken lead' my son said oh ***k off, he's always off the ******g lead. I said 'he tried to get Flynn in the summer and I had just managed to get him into the back garden, so you know he's dog aggressive, he should never be off lead - not ever!' I also said Flynn is always on lead as you well know' because we see this guy often when we walk locally. My daughter said 'It's people like you that give these dogs a sh!t reputaion, you should be ashamed!'

He got well and truly slagged off :eek: and his b******d Staff got a lovely gashed lip for it's troubles. Luckily Flynn has a very thick coat in the neck area and not a mark on him, the blood on his neck was from the Staffs injury.

My boy was fantastic, once the Staff was on lead he just stood looking at it, no aggression or nervousness whatsoever, so proud of how he behaved. He defended himself but didn't want to carry on the fight at all. As soon as it was over I took him back out to show him everything was okay and he was just his normal self, no nerves at all.

As for the other dog - this time the aggressive little B took on a Mal, instead of the usual small dog target and got his come uppance, lets hope he learns a lesson from that! :mad:

Flynn had a wander in the garden and is now doing what he always does after a walk - as if nothing had happened. :)

For me all the incident has done is reinforce my prejudice , which is a shame!

See less See more
#4 ·
Flynn has you working hard for him, that poor Staff has an idiot behind it :( Glad Flynn is ok, the fight might make the staff worse rather than better though.

I wonder if the dog is aggressive because it has been encouraged at some stage, or if it's DA anyway and the owner ignoring it makes it worse.

Not that it matters to Flynn :(

G
#7 ·
I'm so glad Flynn is okay, the damn owner of the Staffie needs a good slap!

My two boys were playing in the woods this morning with their best bud a stonking Staffie, wonderful example of the breed who has been brought up right, and is very well mannered.

#9 ·
How frightening; at least your boy is unhurt and seems to be OK. Perhaps a chat to the dog warden who may have a word with the other dog's owner about controlling him?

If he attacked your dog maybe he needs reporting? If the Staff had a child in the same way, the child wouldn't stand a chance.
A dog being dog aggressive doesn't mean that it will attack children :confused:.

#10 ·
TBH I can't believe how calm I was. Flynn has shown me that he is friendly if approached by a dog, his stance at first was playful, shame he's had to learn not all dogs are the same as at training.

As for the Staff, the family have lived here for around ten years and that dog is not badly treated, very well fed and in good condition. He's about eight years old. Just one of those who'll attack rather than play and as he was off lead had the opportunity to do so. I feel nothing for him at all even though his owner should be more responsible I just hate needlessly aggressive dogs!

#12 ·
My daughter said 'It's people like you that give these dogs a sh!t reputation, you should be ashamed!'
So true, our last dog was a staffie cross, never really liked them that much before (past experience when little), but you know when you have a dog of a certain breed you see them everywhere and get talking to owners and observe stuff more.

Although they are great with people, IME (staffie lovers don't shoot me) they have a tendency to be DA if not handled properly. People don't seem to be able to understand that there loving pet can cause so much damage in situations like this. Most staff owners are ok but you always get some pillocks who haven't a clue. One of our old neighbours had a little staffie cross who was a little b*****d, he used to let it roam around the farmyard :mad:, it would come up to our garden fence and the snarling matches that went on then were horrible to watch, god forbid if they could actually get at each other, which happened a couple of times, luckily without injury. Thing is this bloke would have been livid had any harm come to his little buddy Rory was 3 times his size.

So glad Flynn is ok though, sounds like he handled it perfectly and his big fluffy coat saved him from injury.

#13 ·
I have observed...

If both dogs are off lead,the aggression is less,as the dogs arent restricted,and can 'run away'
If one is on lead,and one is off, the aggression appears worse.
Just my personal view.
Its often 'a lead thing' My technical term for it:D

#15 ·
I certainly wouldn't chance it... :confused:
Up to you of course; but I credit dogs with being able to differentiate between dogs and humans.

#16 ·
I certainly wouldn't chance it... :confused:
Dog aggression and people aggression are a million miles from each other. You do know staffs are nanny dogs don't you? They can still be massively DA but the best dog ever with kids.

Ridiculous statement.

Sorry to hear about the staff malmum, hope Flynns alright now :)

#17 ·
wow, Im really sorry Malmum..I know Staffs are your doggy kryptonite!!;)
It doesnt take many idiot owners to ruin a dog breeds rep sadly. I think in general Staffs are lovely dogs and very tolerant but a badly brought up one has the potential to do serious damage and the ancestory to know how to fight and kill.:(
Hopefully Flynn will have forgotten and you will meet a soppy doofus Staff to cheer you up soon!:D

#21 · (Edited)
my sister has a staff, doesn't really know her history but when out she is muzzled because if she encounters another dog she literally goes nuts trying to get at it aggressively.

in the house she is an entirely different dog, so loving, alaways jumping up for a cuddle.

owners sometimes really have a lot to answer for.

glad your boys ok!

#22 ·
Sorry to hear you have had to go through this, glad flynns OK though, which is the main thing. Good on you for keeping calm as well, I had it happen to me a few weeks back with two on lead and 2 loose staffs, and its not easy staying calm.

G
#25 ·
Hi so sorry to hear about flynns run in with the staff , am so glad he is okay , i have to say if the guy knows his dog is aggressive it should be kept on a lead and muzzled (irresponsible pratt), my kira used to have a problem with one staffie it just had a total dislike to her as it is fine with our lab puppy , and the last time it went for her (before she was PTS) i told him if his dog ever went for her again i would kick the s**t out off him (as you know my girl had HD ) , I had to protect my girl several times from this dog very often me and my fiance jumping in between them but she reacted in the exact same way as flynn and came to her own defense and good for flynn it may think twice next time it sees flynn , Just glad he is okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.