Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flynn, Male, Akita

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by kymmwhite, May 17, 2010.

1. kymmwhite

kymmwhite PetForums Member

Flynn is in rescue due to his mum having to work longer hours, meaning he is being left on his own for long periods.
    He is vaccinated, castrated, microchipped, wormed and deflead.

Here whats his Mum says about him.....

There is so much to say about Flynn its hard to put it all down on paper, he is a really loving dog and he gets so much pleasure from just being around people. He is a soppy teddy bear and has the temprement to match, he has never even so much as raised an eyebrow at a person, and when we meet other dogs its always him hiding behind my legs from any dogs that take offence to him! He does need some training on the social side of things though, as he steams up to other dogs bouncing around and whining, which can be a bit off putting to other dog owners and there dogs, given his size and stature! But other than that when out and about walking he is an angel, not too much pulling unless he see's something he likes the look of, but all you have to to is give him a gentle tug on the lead and call his name and his attention soon turns to what your doing, a pocket full of biscuits helps too!!

As for commands he knows sit, down, wait, gently, paw, other paw, if you tell him to wait before you put his dinner down he wont touch the bowl untill you say 'go on then', you can also take the bowl away from him with no trouble, and you can take toys from him as well with no trouble, just tell him to 'leave'. Flynn does fetch, in fact he quite likes going and collecting things for you and he is totally obsesed with balls. If he is on the lead and somebody thows a ball, be aware as he will take off in hot persuit!

Flynn has a mad 5 mins every now and then, this is helarious to watch and never usually lasts long. He has been around children aged 3 and 4 and didn't seem botherd by them at all. It takes a while for Flynn to really start responding to you but food is the way to this boys heart, and if he thinks your going to give him food, I expect he would do backflips for you if he could!! In respect to food, people food, Flynn does need some guidance on what he is allowed to eat, if you leave food out at dog height, it will be eaten, I found this out one lunch time when I made the mistake of leaving my very yummy cheese and pickle sandwhich on the kitchen side, needless to say it wasn't there when I got back.

Around the house he spends most of his day sleeping, and is no bother at all but he will follow you around from room to room, he cant miss out on any action. Flynn wont get on you bed as long as you tell him no, and he wont get on the sofa while you are in the house, he will try and sneak on while your out though. Flynn does get bord easily so if you are going out and leaving him, I used to leave the tele on for him, give him a good selection of toys, and remove things like remote controls, he is usually fine then.

Flynn really is a splendid dog, and only needs minor training to make him a really good family pet, he has few Akita traits really, but the biggest thing with him is making sure your boss from the start. I made a point of always feeding him last after I had eaten, he never had tit bits from the plates, any food would go in his bowl to have with his dinner. Make sure you are always the first one out of the door and then the first one back in, otherwise he will charge out of the door as he loves walks soo much.
    Flynn is so gentle when playing with you and makes sure he is very careful where his teeth are at all times, if you need to look in his mouth hi is fine with it and you can touch his ears and paws with only minor objection in the form of wriggling about in the hopes you will give up!

Flynn would be fine to live with children aged 12 plus, and could live with a female dog. Akita experience is preferred, or those who can show they have researched the breed in depth.

Please call Kymm on 07886 620009 or email southeastdogrescue@hotmail.com
    Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kymmwhite

kymmwhite PetForums Member

Hi all,

Flynn has now been re-homed, many thanks! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice