Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flying thief

Discussion in 'Chinchillas' started by Bjarki the Hooli, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Bjarki the Hooli

Bjarki the Hooli PetForums Junior

I thought this rather comical type of larceny only happened to people who owned small and agile hounds and were in the habit of absent-mindedly eating a sandwich while watching a video.

Last night I came home dog tired and hungry after a gruelling trip, so first I let Bjarki out of his cage for his usual pre-playtime gallop and then collapsed on a chair with a slice of gruyere on Ryvita. Suddenly, something like a pale blur flew at my hand, took a bite of the cheese and disappeared.

I still cannot believe he did it, because I do not think he ate the cheese. Please tell me I am not the only one in this forum with a thieving chin..

#1 Bjarki the Hooli, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Jobeth and lorilu like this.
  2. TabulaRasa

TabulaRasa PetForums Member

:D That is so funny, he must have liked the look of the cheese! I doubt he'd have eaten it though just run off with it. Mine will run off with anything they decide looks interesting, keys, pencils, small screwdrivers, bits of chain, snap clips, large metal washers, nuts and bolts and pieces of paper are particular favorites to grab and go:p.

3. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Senior

Wallpaper is a favourite of my lot :(

4. TabulaRasa

TabulaRasa PetForums Member

Ooh yes I can well imagine mine would love grabbing a loose bit of wallpaper and tearing it to run off with. Fortunately, I don't have any wallpaper and their shed is totally chin-proof, yet they still try chewing out the tiny bits of filler I've sealed the knot-holes with. I don't know how something so virtually unnoticeable has got their attention:Wideyed.

Tiggers likes this.
  5. Bjarki the Hooli

Bjarki the Hooli PetForums Junior

Oh, thank you. Wallpaper is a great favourite here too and the only time I caught my chin carrying anything was the gluey bit of an envelope that fell on the floor. I thought that the love of glue was due to a deprived kithood + an acute sense of mischief (he looks at me before attacking the wall as if saying: "look at what I am doing to your wall: what you gunna say to that!) but it seems the main reason is their taste buds: glue is the caviar of chinnidom

Another favourite is egg cartons: he does not eat them, just shreds them. I would love to hear of any other peculiar chin tastes/alternative toys because my boy does not seem very interested in shop bought toys and I have to ransack my brain trying to find things that may amuse him.

#5 Bjarki the Hooli, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  6. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Senior

Mine tear it off the chin room wall and whizz around with long, trailing ribbons of it. It is a very highly prized trophy and I often get kacked at when retrieving it :D. A couple of my boys are fascinated by zips and will do their utmost to play with them.

Bjarki the Hooli likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice