Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flying saucer?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Tapir, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

I am in the process of making Rhino a bin cage. I have 3x 31l tubs, with lot's of floor space, ready to be drilled and stacked. They are quite low, so I was going to get a flying saucer wheel for her. However, looking at it in P@H, it looked TINY!? Even though the ham on the pic was a syrian, I think Rhino would fill it! Has anyone had experiance with this and would the Large size rat version be better for her?

2. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

If he's big I think I would :)

I've been looking at them and they do seem small for the animals they are meant for

3. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

I know it's slightly different, but the medium flying saucer is big enough for 5 large mice to run on it at the same time :lol: I would think that most hamsters would be able to use it ok unless they are very big.

4. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

i had the small flying saucers for my robo hamsters. they were fine for that size of hamster but wouldnt use them for normal sized hamsters, would defo recommend going a size larger. they are great wheels tho, hardly any noise!

5. Myth

Myth PetForums Member

You must have different kind of ' medium' flying saucer to the ones I have then ?!?

or veeeeeery tiny mice... :blink:

Unless they have changed the sizes ??
    I have all 3 kicking around here.

The small is too small for anything but the smallest of baby Mice / Dwarf Hamster...
    the medium is ok for fair sized Mouse or a Chinese ham...
    the large size is great - but far too big to fit in most cages !!

6. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

Hmm, didn't think of that - mine are large for pet mice, so aren't the size of show mice!! But they did manage 5 of them on it, it was hilarious watching them - two at the top clinging onto the edge, one in the middle and 2 using the lower edge. They used the entire surface of the spinner, I was very impressed :D

7. I would of thought the medium would be big enough for most syrians. Baby has one and it's plenty big enough for her. The small one though would be far too small.

8. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

i think my sister has the medium size one for her syrian and thats okay :) she loves it aswell always on it :lol:

9. Myth

Myth PetForums Member

Well confused me.
    Even my resident 'madness hamster' Hex would struggle on a medium saucer wheel - and she's a midget :confused1:

Piccy time tomorrow methinks !!
    ( if I remember ! :p )

10. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

11. Myth

Myth PetForums Member

medium is too small and the big...
    Just been got mine out to take a photo for you !!
    will try and get a comparson shot with a medium next to it and wake one of the hams up later if you like :p

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice