Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flyball

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SixStar, Jan 8, 2012.

1. SixStar

SixStar Banned

I know we have a few flyball folk here so would just like to ask some quick questions, if I may.

Harvey is tennis ball obsessed - he'd do absolutely anything for one, and loves catching them in mid-air! He has a bit of an identity crisis and would retrieve all day long :eek: The more I read about flyball, and the more videos I look at on youtube, the more I think it's something he will REALLY enjoy, and I'd love to get him involved in it.

Firstly, does anybody know of any clubs in Essex? And secondly - the only breeds you really seem to see doing it are collies, are others breeds allowed to participate? Harvey is quick, but doesn't have the speed of a collie - so we probably wouldn't be able to compete in any competitions or trials, but I'm sure he'd have a great time just doing it for fun.

I'd love to hear from anyone who does this with their dogs :)

2. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

Other breeds can participate.
    The reason why you see the collies doing it in compos is because they are fast.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice