Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flyball Training Day

Discussion in 'Dog Agility and Flyball' started by AllstarsFlyballTeam, Aug 4, 2009.

1. AllstarsFlyballTeam

AllstarsFlyballTeam PetForums Newbie

Hi All

Just wanted to let you all know that we are running a flyball beginners day in Sandbach on Saturday 22nd August.

Details will be posted on our website later today

ALLSTARS FLYBALL TEAM - Home

Hope to see some of you there

Christina
    Allstars Flyball Team

2. karen09

karen09 PetForums Member

thanks christina have sent you a message unfortunately i go on holiday 15-23rd august do you have any more training days or get togethers?

regards

karen :)

3. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

i looked on your website y'day - my dog would have loved that (tennis ball crazy) but your a tad too far :(

4. AllstarsFlyballTeam

Hi Karen

We train on a weekly basis and have beginners classes at each one, so you are more than welcome to come to one of those sessions rather than a beginners training day.

Have replied with contact details for you.

Christina
    Allstars Flyball Team

5. AllstarsFlyballTeam

Have a look on British Flyball Association - Home Page there's a map on there of all the clubs in the UK, you may be able to find a nearer one however just remember that you would have to travel to competitions so if Sandbach is too far you will struggle getting to comps.

6. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

hi - comps is no probs as its not weekly - its just every week mabey too much tbh... as my last club was only 30 mins away.

shame though as mil would have had a ball (no pun intende dlol)

7. Gareth 13

Gareth 13 PetForums Newbie

Hi I am a member of the K9ARC Flyball team in Northern Ireland. Last year we formed a flyball team and currently we are the only flyball team in the Northern part of Ireland therefore we have very limited competitions. Although in June we travelled to Dublin and took part in our first flyball competition and we were very pleased to gain a first place. We are currently seeking more competitions and were wondering if use would be interested in competing against us just to give us an idea of how quick we need to be. We are currently running times of around 23 seconds and our team consists of Two pure bred collies, One Staffordshire Bull terrier and one collie cross.

Looking forward to hearing from you thanks Gareth13

8. AllstarsFlyballTeam

Hi

We wouldn't be able to come over there but you are more than welcome to come and train with us if you can get over here! To give you an idea on your times our fastest team runs sub 17secs. Our slowest team is sub 24 secs. Hopefully as you know you compete in a division of 6 teams all running at the same speed to it doesn't matter what speed your team runs in, you compete in exactly the same way as a faster team, all that is different is the final time. Ideally you want you team to be sub 22 secs as that way you gain maximum points.

If you want to discuss anything further please dont hesitate to PM me or even give me a call 07837857694

Christina
    Allstars Flyball Team

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice