Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Flyball harness

Discussion in 'Dog Agility and Flyball' started by S.crane, Mar 21, 2017.

1. S.crane

S.crane PetForums Senior

Loki needs a new flyball harness as now he's lost a bit of weight he can slip his current one.
    I need something that is padded and sits a little way back from his under arm otherwise it rubs his fur off, preferably has a handle and is really strong to handle pulling and jumping but is soft and flexible enough to not inhibit movement. He's also a weird shape with a deep well sprung chest but small waist. It also needs to preferably be Y fronted as anything like a julius restricts his breathing if he's pulling.hes a nightmare to find things that fit properly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Pic to give idea of his shape. IMG_6338.JPG

2. AlexPed2393

AlexPed2393 PetForums Senior

Have you tried a Ruffwear Webmaster?? A hell of a lot of money but with that much adjustment it might be worth it.

I have found Y shaped harnesses dig into Bonnie's pits, have you tried a H shaped harness??

3. S.crane

S.crane PetForums Senior

I do like the look of the webmaster but not sure if he'd overheat. I'll have a look at H shape I have to be carful as he likes to slip harnesses just like the one we currently use which is a 3peaks fleece harness like this.
    IMG_0272.JPG

4. Oenoke

Oenoke PetForums VIP

I don't run mine in a harness, but when I did I just ran them in their dog games perfect fit harnesses.

5. S.crane

S.crane PetForums Senior

thankyou does the perfect fit hold up to pulling and bouncing ok. Loki is getting better but he is still very excitable when waiting his turn .i would love for him to be able to wait patiently on just a collar but we have a long way to go to the point he is calm while waiting.

#5 S.crane, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  6. Oenoke

Oenoke PetForums VIP

I originally got one for Teagan as she lunged in the queue at agility as a dog started, Star bounces at flyball and she still wears one in the queue at agilty and she wears the one I originally got for Teagan and the other year I did a bit of bikejoring and they wore their perfect fit harnesses for this. I think the original one is about 12 years old and the other is about 9 years old and there is no sign of either breaking.

7. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Might be worth having a look at the SASS harnesses they are hand made to measure so there is no problem with fit, You also have options on the padding. You can have the neck padded or the chest and neck. There is also a new version which is all in one with a fully padded chest and neck and a wider chest plate called the comfort plus there are photos of all the options if you scroll further down. If you contact them they may even be able to had a handle.

http://www.sassdogequipment.co.uk/dog-harnesses/tracking-harness/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice