Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flyball - Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Jrtz_rock, May 10, 2010.

1. Jrtz_rock

Jrtz_rock PetForums Junior

Well! ive just had a message from my Aunty who does Flyball with her dog telling me about a flyball group and if i was interested! Which i am! BUT! What do i need to know? What are the basics me and my dog need? I have a JRT x Beagle shes 4 and a half, Fast, can jump, Shes only small so will the jumps be large? How many Jumps how to train her to catch the ball at the end etc!! The only problem i can forsee is her attention span!

Its something i never thought about so havent got a clue :confused1: apart from what ive read online but i find personal experience advice the best!! Any pointers would be fab! Im going to watch on Wednesday and hopefully next wednesday see how she does but is there anything i can work on beforehand??

Thanks! :thumbup:

2. Deb

Deb PetForums Senior

i wonder if you are going to the rising sun one??? I started it last week with my 18mth collie and she was very nervous at first but by the end appeared to enjoy it:)

3. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

As far as I'm aware, they don't catch the ball anymore, just take it off the stand thingy!

Good luck :) Flyball seems great fun :)

4. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

4 jumps, just low ones, around 8 or 9 inches. Different groups use different boxes, but most these days have the ball propelled a short distance from the front of the box.

My dog was hopeless - kept trying to give the ball back to the person loading the box so she could catch it again:D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice